↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > 6 speed box?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Naf

Kuwait 2000 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Nato Green No Canopy
Go to the 130 forum and look for updates. You will find my LONG THREAD, in there i share all my details.

The r380 is rebuildable in the bush. The mt82 needs a lil more knowledge and lots of toolin.

You can run just about any tire size and it will move in first easier than a r380 with a 1.4. Can't leave well enough alone
Post #836367 10th Jun 2020 5:26pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
I was going to suggest the 1.3 transfer box as a compromise but someone beat me to it.
Obviously the best solution is to fit a Roamerdrive overdrive unit, although it’s nearly £2,000 including fitting.

Personally l am happy to sit at 65mph on the motorway, sure l could get an extra 5-10mph with a higher ratio top gear, but at higher speed wind noise becomes an issue.

The best thing l did to my TD5 110, was fit a cruise control. Set it at 65mph and it makes longer journeys a joy. As l also have a mild (25bhp) remap, it keeps the speed on hills as well.

If l’d wanted to stay in the outside lane on the M6 l would have kept my BMW 3.0 M Sport
Post #836527 11th Jun 2020 11:55am
Kernow

United Kingdom 
Racedriver wrote:
Quickest and cheapest way for more top end is a Disco transfer box, just limits the low down and towing performance.

I run a Disco TD5 auto and find a good custom stage one remP with Alive sorted that.
Post #840127 27th Jun 2020 10:43pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Racedriver wrote:
Quickest and cheapest way for more top end is a Disco transfer box, just limits the low down and towing performance.

From what i have been seeing on the roads this week, the quickest way to more performance and speed is to invest in one of those ' Child on Board' yellow cards that are attached to the rear window,,,,,, Whistle
Post #840140 27th Jun 2020 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12