↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > After Lock down
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Slideywindows

England 
And I thought I'd had it hard, with the wife and life leaving at the end of Feb and then going straight into Covid isolation, but others have had it worse.

I think Dan (22900013A) shows bravery to talk about depression on here.

But this forum is about Defenders, right?

However, no-one reads threads that don't interest them, so no-one suffers.

Having myself been through (in the words of Meatloaf) "the fires of Hell and I have the ashes to prove it", on at least two occasions, I can tell you that it could hit anyone on here. Literally anyone.

Unfortunately most men are not brave enough to "come out" and simply suffer in silence.

In my case, the local Land Rover community have been excellent and very helpful - and I feel that a virtual LR community can do the same.

There is a reason that male suicide is three times the rate of females. (Source :The Samaritans).

Is your mate really OK? Question

Post #836212 9th Jun 2020 8:59pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
That is very well put, Slideywindows.

I don't think blokes are very good at talking about their feelings. In fact I think we're rubbish at it.
Post #836227 9th Jun 2020 9:29pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah we blokes are not that good about opening up about our feelings at all. My mate was finding it hard to let go of his ex, I have trust issues, due to how i was treated with family. So i find it hard to open up too.
We blokes just have to stick together Thumbs Up
One of the lads i am friends with on another forum suffers really bad with depression, The whole forum backed him to the point it gave him that extra push to get him out of the rut he was in.
A car forum can be more than just a car forum Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #836254 9th Jun 2020 11:31pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Got my phone call today, and i am in for induction on Thursday, and i am back on line on monday morning, making bits for the new juke, well the front side molds, i am normally on the rear molds, which we have a fare few in stock. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #837337 15th Jun 2020 3:07pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
With the shops opening up today, seems to me that lock down is over. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #837338 15th Jun 2020 3:10pm
nitram17

For me lockdown will be over when you can have a proper haircut and gan to the pub to lament the loss of her last few brown hairs.good luck at work procta!
Post #837358 15th Jun 2020 6:06pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah i will be shown around, there have been some major changes sadly. I am looking forward to going back to work again. i think this is just a little bit longer break than when i left school for good. I tell you lads though, i don't know how people that do not want to work, can just sit the dole. I have been on the verge of cracking up if it wasn't for kick starting piano playing.

be great for us all to have normality again in our lives, and spend time with friends down the locals and holidays with family.

nitram17 from what i read, pubs could be back open from next monday so things might be back on track from start of July, But that's when we start going into the un known with companies. Been a fair few that have lost their jobs now sadly, and one restaurant chain isnt reopening from what i read, ( frankies and Bennies) Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #837362 15th Jun 2020 6:40pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
been back a week, and some of my work mates are still not back yet. We got a letter yesterday about part time furlough. So some lines may go on part time. Come in to work for 3 days and then off for the two.
The builds are just as they were to a certain degree, but i think once nissan clears the back orders, we recon the build right a cross the board will drop like a rock sadly. We have had to stagger times too, for safety sake. All agency are finished sadly due to the work been so hit and miss. A couple of lines are going onto days and nights, but they are jumping from one line to the other. Due not enough work on one line and keeping the other ones ticking over.
I think as soon as the summer ends we are going to see a massive hit sadly. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #840110 27th Jun 2020 8:56pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am on nightshift and we still have lads mothballed till September! So thinks are still not up to scratch yet on a few lines. The Renault lines have dropped off, only one shift worth of work, i am still on the juke line, which is still strong, but the line i am normally on, is down to single shift sadly, due to packaging, so i am on another line making the arches and fog trim. Its sort of on a 3 shift pattern, but the middle shift is floating. Also nissan has got 19 members staff that have tested positive so its starting Rolling Eyes Be only a matte of time that someone will be positive at work now. I am wearing a mask, as i am not taking any chances at all. Only one of 4 that sadly, Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #844144 16th Jul 2020 9:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345