↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > nnn ecu in a 10p engine
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
davidblythe

England 
nnn ecu in a 10p engine
My NNN500020 ecu appears to have failed in my 10p engine with a 3197 code - topside switch logged as failed pre- injection found using a Hawkeye

picture shown shows what is rust on the nuts and the surface of the board has a sheen to it - anyone seen this before

the ecu is dated 2017

Does anyone have a spare working ECU around the Cheam area that could be tried before mine is sent off for repair. have an hawkeye to code the injectors but havent done this before

Click image to enlarge
Post #820670 22nd Mar 2020 5:18pm
Mdm

United Kingdom 
if the hawkeye has brought that code up then the ecu is toast.send it away for repair or get another one. as these age its becoming more and more common.

depending on what's wrong they can be repaired but not always. i have 2 dead ones that wont repair in a drawer in case i can use any of the capacitors of them for spares in the future
Post #820693 22nd Mar 2020 6:59pm
MadTom

Czech Republic 1999 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Baltic Blue
Corrosion on the nuts is not a real problem. These nuts are just holding the capacitors. Problem is corrosion on the rest of board and on the other components. Lot of time it is possible to repair the ECU. I did it several times.
Remove also the bottom cover and look for any burnt or corroded component. Look carefully also on the power components mounted on the side walls. "Drobek" = The Small One - Discovery 2, "BlufĂ­nek" = The Blue Thing - Defender 130, and for me at least Ford Mondeo Smile
Post #820741 22nd Mar 2020 9:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1