↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > Parking rules: A9 House of Bruar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
keith

Scotland 
Parking rules: A9 House of Bruar
3 days skiing in Aviemore and on the way home stopped in for dinner at House Of Bruar.
Driver works for JLR and on a Scotland trip in this pre production.
Very nice.

Keith

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #816415 22nd Feb 2020 3:58pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
Good spotting Thumbs Up
Post #816416 22nd Feb 2020 4:02pm
Rkcorry

Great picture. Always a Defender or three in the car park, A first is it on the site with the old and new. Thumbs Up
Post #816423 22nd Feb 2020 5:12pm
Tim in Scotland

Doesn’t look so huge against the Defender 110 Classic whereas the New 110 near a 90 Classic looked huge Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #816424 22nd Feb 2020 5:15pm
oneten110

United Kingdom 
The truck on the left looks ok, the car on the right looks like a tart's handbag. It is not a Defender, it is a One_Ten
Post #816427 22nd Feb 2020 5:37pm
Mike c

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
I only see one genuine honest utilty Land Rover and it's on the left, is the other the new discovery or a Kia, skoda, vw, dacia, bla bla whatever.... Laughing
Post #816432 22nd Feb 2020 6:03pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
How was skiing?

Looked a tad windy recently? WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #816435 22nd Feb 2020 6:36pm
keith

Scotland 
Ok, update on today's excellent meeting. Anytime kids are off school we head for the hills and straight to Aviemore but not before first stopping for goodies at the Bruar. 3 nights at the YHA and skiing kit booked For Fri and today. No Chance Big Cry 125mph winds and blizzard conditions stopped all skiing and shut the hill. All gutted. That brings us to our return trip home and back into House of Bruar. Into immediate scanning mode for everything LR in the car park. WOW Bow down there it was, I was obviously parking next to it.

Here's the fun part..... the American driver who is the JLR employee and his passenger had just got there before me and walking across the car park. Upon seeing me pull in and park next to his 2020 they both then doubled back to take pics of us together and have a chat. Before long, me, the kids and the missus were sitting in the cabin. I learned that there are no carpets throughout the car with only rubber flooring and a mat and that the dashboard and fascia is integral one part to the chassis so that a recovery rope can go through the handholds on the dash so to pull the vehicle sideways for recovery.
Anyways, the white van man did say he'd rather have mine. Thumbs Up Me? The Jury is still out..............

Cheers

Keith

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #816481 22nd Feb 2020 11:06pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
Ah well from a independent point of view, not good then?
Post #816488 22nd Feb 2020 11:36pm
oneten110

United Kingdom 
Let's hope it is more reliable than some of the other offerings from Land Rover.
https://www.whatcar.com/news/25-most-unrel...t-3/n18546 It is not a Defender, it is a One_Ten
Post #816501 23rd Feb 2020 8:30am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
After 70 years of development they still hadn't sorted out the reliability of the Series/Defender. I pity the poor soles who take delivery of the new Defender in its first year. Whistle Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #816513 23rd Feb 2020 9:41am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
The new one looks a lot wider than the classic, that cannot be good.
Post #816517 23rd Feb 2020 10:37am
oneten110

United Kingdom 
discomog wrote:
After 70 years of development they still hadn't sorted out the reliability of the Series/Defender. I pity the poor soles who take delivery of the new Defender in its first year. Whistle

Having run 2 Defenders and a series vehicles during the previous 25 years, covering more than 800,000 miles between them, I have had 2 breakdowns. A failed hall effect unit in the distributor of a Defender and a snapped half shaft in a series.
How much more reliability do you want?
All you need to do is service them in accordance with Land Rover 's servicing schedules and they are capable of stellar mileages. A friend has a 1984 90 with over 700,000 miles on it. Similarly, it hasnt let him down. It is not a Defender, it is a One_Ten
Post #816564 23rd Feb 2020 3:23pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
/\ nice thought / bloody lucky.

In theory I agree with your comments on reliability but in practice it's often not the case.
I've serviced mine far more rigorously than needed and I'm afraid in my case reliability has proved to be anything but good.

The new may or may not prove to be reliable but one thing is for sure it's got a whole heap of potential to be less reliable and chances are parts generally and going to be hugely more expensive I would suggest.
Post #816576 23rd Feb 2020 4:35pm
Tim in Scotland

Must say that of all the recent (ie since 1996) Land Rover products I have owned - V8 iES Disco 1, TD5 Auto GS Disco2, Freelnde1 TD4 Auto, Defender 90 TDi300, TD6 L322 FFRR, TDv6 RRS SE, TDV8 RRS HSE, TDV8 L322 FFRR Vogue, Evoque Dynamic Coupe 2.2 SD4, Evoque 5 Door Dynamic 2.2, SDv6 RRS HSE Dynamic - only 2 have caused roadside strandings. They were the TD5 Disco2 that snapped its auxy drive belt on the way into the dealership to be handed over for the TD4 Freelander and the 5 Door Evoque that worked through a DPF sensory about every 10 days after a gearbox software “upgrade” from ZF was applied to it.......... the rest have had very minor things that haven’t stopped the cars from being driven except when I managed to land the transfer case on my Defender on a pointed stone but I was still able to get to the local indie to get it replaced before all the oil ran out. I still have that Defender, it is only used for offroad fun and now at 93000 miles lives a life of pampered luxury on my drive diving around 2000-3000 miles a year and gets a full service annually whether it needs it or not. I gave never owned an unreliable modern Land Rover but being a participant on several owners forums for the various models I am now very reluctant to invest my pension in any of the current range if models because all I ever seem to read about is dire dealership attitude, awful back up from the manufacturer when dealerships can not cure problems and prices that are skyrocketing for no improvement in maker/ dealership quality. It us totally different And almost the exact opposite to the treatment I receive from the local BMW/Mini dealership who are doing all that they can to retain my business and have been very good at dealing with any queries I have had as my Mini has had not one single issue in nearly 2 years of ownership - that is a car costing half the price of the only other buying 2 options when I was changing my car in 2018 - a Jaguar I-Pace and an RRS PHEV. In both the JLR products cases one dealership in North Glasgow even went as far as to tell me that neither the RRS PHEV nor the I-Pace were really what I wanted as they were aimed fairly and squarely at businessmen not the private buyer........... so I bought a Mini PHEV instead and haven’t regretted it for a single minute (well apart from not being able to see over the hedgerows!). Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #816581 23rd Feb 2020 4:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>