↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Royal Marines with new off road toy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Quote:
The chassis is completely different to say the sports UTV that I have. Although it looks very similar it is a completely different beast

What, like it doesn't fall over if you show it some tank ruts Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #816302 21st Feb 2020 1:01pm
walfy

Depends on what speed you are doing I suppose and angle of approach.
Must go back there and see what exactly made mine fall over Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #816303 21st Feb 2020 1:03pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
More from Polaris.

Polaris unveils newest light tactical vehicle at London defense show

Click image to enlarge

WASHINGTON — Polaris Industries is unveiling its newest light tactical vehicle — the MRZR Alpha — for the first time at London-based defense show DSEI this week.

The MRZR, first introduced in 2012, has been sold to the U.S. military and over 50 allied forces worldwide. The MRZR Alpha has a new chassis, which provides a larger and more durable foundation, but is still transportable by a V-22 Osprey tiltrotor or an H-47 cargo helicopter.

The vehicle has a high-performance, 118-horsepower turbo-diesel engine and an off-road tuned automotive 8-speed transmission, according to a company statement. “This provides 220 ft-lbs of efficient torque,” which translates to improved off-road capabilities, including in deep sand.

MRZR Alpha has increased exportable power capability, more cab space and more configurability opportunities, according to Leonard. It can accommodate 2,000 lbs of payload, compared to the smaller MRZR, which can accommodate up to 1,400 lbs of payload.

The Alpha comes in a four-seat or two-seat configuration.

https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-d...ense-show/
Post #921728 16th Sep 2021 5:00pm
nitram17

Grouse wrote:
Doh ! Probably because it’s not been fully trialled yet - I’m getting a bit sick of the derogatory comments from certain forum members towards the new Defender - probably due to envy as they will never be able to afford one - get over it and move on

Tad churlish and harsh comment mate! defender 2 is a broad church of views ..this site is crammed full of negative comments about the older defenders and we love them despite their many failings .Whatever flavor of defender you like or own if you cannot take any criticism i would suggest this is the wrong forum for you!
Post #921867 17th Sep 2021 11:55pm
Black Puma

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Sumatra Black
Agreed

A persons wage has no bearing on the validity of their opinion. There are a vast array poorly paid of vocations and careers that are selfless and utterly important to society. And those people would have a very grounded and realistic voice, not jealous over luxury cars.

Plus I think it's a fair point the new iteration of the Defender would not be suitable for the uses that previous Defenders have served in the armed forces. Especially in context of the OP. Nothing wrong with that, hardly an issue for new Defender owners.

If anything the DAGOR reminds me of the old Pinky used by the SAS.
Post #921875 18th Sep 2021 6:22am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
To be fair, the quoted comment was from 18 months ago when there was a lot of negative stuff on here. I'd like to think that we've all moved on a bit since then. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #921887 18th Sep 2021 9:18am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Agree with all three of the above comments.

Everyone has their own cup of tea (or coffee).
I’m not a fan of the new one, not so much on price, but, is a factor, but because it’s less utility and auto box and too techy.
Plus the car like image again less utility.

But as I said live and let live, personally I prefer the Wrangler to the new one but that’s just my humble opinion and no bashing intended.

I wish the new owners well, hope they enjoy what they have just like I do my Puma.

I would imagine in the battlefield repair in the field is very important, so that sort of thing is useful as would be utility use like the Humvee. As an example.

But again that’s just my likes, everyone is free to enjoy what they like and no one should pour scorn on others with harmful intent. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #921936 18th Sep 2021 10:47pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Grouse wrote:
Doh ! Probably because it’s not been fully trialled yet - I’m getting a bit sick of the derogatory comments from certain forum members towards the new Defender - probably due to envy as they will never be able to afford one - get over it and move on

Well, we all have an opinion. In my case, I am incredibly disappointed how the design went. I thought it just needed upgrading. What we got (in my opinion) was just a Disco. And the fact that they went to Slovakia didn't help, did it? I can afford one, but I would think I was being ripped off. I won't be buying one when I could buy two very nice cars for the same amount.

We each have our views on the Defender, and I have to read positive views on the Grenadier when I think it looks awful and is already dated.

On the subject of the thread, I liked this...

Click image to enlarge

The young among you will know what Halo is - I don't. And if you watch the videos in the following link, you may have to fast-forward through the chatter to see the actual build.
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/the-insa...h-1000-hp/ Now left.
Post #921956 19th Sep 2021 8:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12