↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 90 available to build on LR USA website
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

90 available to build on LR USA website
Strange that LR’s USA website allows you to build a new Defender 90 First Edition but you can’t do it (as far as I can find) on the UK configurator
https://www.landroverusa.com/future-vehicl...index.html

US$66250 at today’s exchange rate is just over £50000.............. so after taxes etc expect a UK spec FE to be >£65000 Big Cry also in USA it gets the 6 cylinder Petrol engine, here’s hoping the UK also gets that engine Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #812018 26th Jan 2020 11:33am
mikelike

Yes reading between the lines Tim , I believe the US market has become JLRs main initial market focus for conquest sales .

The prototypes were tested there , they seem to have a small contingency of vehicles there now !

All prototype pre release mules seemed to be left hand drive , just wondering if they are concerned with the impending Bronco launch stealing some focus from the media , re the new Defender ?

Bronco is looking to be more than a one trick pony , with removable doors and roof , something the US market
seems to like , unlike Defender2 !

The price point of Defender2 seems to be already rapidly escalating when adding any sort of specifications , which to me will point to once again , a niche vehicle with small volumes of sales compared to competitor products .

If this is the case , one has to be very concerned with the viability of JLR in the long term .

Ralf Speth has banged on about the ability of JLR being a small company having the ability to be nimble and get new product to the market quickly , but considering Defender2 is a Discovery 5 wearing different clothes ,
it has taken quite some time to get the new defender even close to a product launch !

Big Cry

Post #812109 27th Jan 2020 1:06am
zilch

Australia 
Re: 90 available to build on LR USA website
Tim in Scotland wrote:
US$66250 at today’s exchange rate is just over £50000.............. so after taxes etc expect a UK spec FE to be >£65000 Big Cry also in USA it gets the 6 cylinder Petrol engine, here’s hoping the UK also gets that engine

not surprised with the FE being near the top of the spec Tim, when i looked at the 110 build, the SE seemed to
have everything i and most of those that ordered them at our dealership needed.. then again the P400 option
adds a few $$ Big Cry Assume there must be more choice when they do the launch in the UK? but the 110 FE
in the Aussie market is only optioned with the D240 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #812121 27th Jan 2020 6:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1