↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Which Motorbike?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
corgi1

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
My brother died last year(not covid) his pride and joy a mint guzzy Califonia, in gold, stupid wife sold it for £700 to someone she didnt know who was doing some work on her house cos he was a "nice Man"

I dont ride bikes never have, but i would have kept it in my garage covered rather than that
oh well
Post #926752 22nd Oct 2021 9:49am
carrotbay

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel XS CSW Auto Santorini Black
Sorry to hear firstly there loss of your brother and secondly that someone capitalised on it. There are some tossers out there.
Post #926754 22nd Oct 2021 9:59am
camelman

United Kingdom 
I recently went down the off road only route

Click image to enlarge

Post #926773 22nd Oct 2021 1:24pm
carrotbay

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel XS CSW Auto Santorini Black
Very nice Thumbs Up
Post #926775 22nd Oct 2021 1:45pm
notxal

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
Just restored and sold (begining to regret that) this 1972 750 Commando. It's the bike a lot of us wanted in our youth but couldn't afford.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #926801 22nd Oct 2021 7:19pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I would have thought on a Defender's forum it would have been something like this.

Click image to enlarge
Post #926802 22nd Oct 2021 7:32pm
Avelingporter

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I'll also add the BMW R Nine T range. Any of them really. Old school air/oil cooled motor. Bullet proof engine that is relatively easy to work on. Up to 2020 model year, not much in the way of electronics either. This is mine, and R Nine T /5, which was a 50 year anniversary model from 2019. Also in cafe racer style, pure (basic), scrambler and GS flavours.

Post #927049 25th Oct 2021 11:29am
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I have a street triple 675. Really enjoy it. My friends ride along with various bikes. MT-07’s which are brilliant, light and so easy to ride. Another has a GS which has loads of low down grunt. There is also a Honda 650 which goes well.

There are so many good bikes about now. Literally depends on your budget.
Post #927056 25th Oct 2021 12:58pm
MichaelE

England 
notxal wrote:
Just restored and sold (begining to regret that) this 1972 750 Commando. It's the bike a lot of us wanted in our youth but couldn't afford.

Click image to enlarge

I had one similar. A 73 750 Roadster that I converted to an Interstate with the big tank like yours. But yours appears to be a hybrid. Disc front brake [mine had drum]. And an electric start, which would make yours an 850. Mine was written off in a head-on and I replaced it with a Honda 750 Four F1. A friend who'd had a Bonneville 750 was so impressed with the Commando he got a new 850 electric start one. He had nothing but trouble, particularly with the starter failing, and eventually changed it for a Suzuki 750 Four. Both my Honda and his Suzuki were fabulous reliable bikes.
Post #927086 25th Oct 2021 6:35pm
notxal

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
I put the electric start and indicators on it. It was a US import but a genuine Combat engine all with matching numbers.
Post #927101 25th Oct 2021 8:18pm
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Leamreject wrote:
You haven’t put a value on it?

Done! https://www.defender2.net/forum/post928210.html#928210 Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #928212 2nd Nov 2021 3:07pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
As some of you may recall I was an active member on here a few years ago. Eventually after continuing theft attempts I sold the Land Rover on and headed off to revitalise my interest in motorcycles. I spent a great amount of blood, sweat and tears getting the Land Rover sorted exactly how I wanted it. In the last 6 years two Harley-Davidsons a KTM and an Indian FTR later I have finally arrived at this. Being 60 this year realisation has dawned that the next decade is quite possibly the most important of my life? If I don't get done what I want to get done in that time chances are it ain't gonna happen. None of us gets out of here alive and owning a one-off custom build is a huge tick in the box for me. And yes like my Land Rover had it has the rear tyre of a quarry wagon.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #932146 2nd Dec 2021 10:06am
Iktank

Wales 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Nice really did think about an Indian myself but do quite a bit of touring so cant really load it up Sad

Had Fireblade, multiple triumphs - First of the John Bloor Sprints 1966, then Daytona 900 (barracuda blue), Speed triple T509 (850 engine and 2 955i's) Daytona 1200 (2 wrote them both off) and a custom Daytona 1200 street fighter painted black to graphite with Reaper on the tank).
Gone more sensible over the last few years having Tiger first now got an Africa Twin done about 11,000 miles around Europe inc Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Italy, Portugal, France, Spain, Gibraltar and only touched on Germany.
Handling not the best on the road with the Africa Twins 21inch skinny front but I'm older and slower now and its ideal for sedate touring. Pic below is on the Black Mountain and actually enjoying the bike.

Click image to enlarge
Post #932165 2nd Dec 2021 12:50pm
Steve W

United Kingdom 
I love that custom Indian scout !…… I’ve done the GS thing after the sports bike and i did have a Indian scout bobber which due to the last two years i had to ‘thin down’ the toys but still kept the BMW R Nine T sport. I’m now looking and the previous comments resonate as none of us are getting any younger but having had an Indian I’m now rethinking and re looking at the Scout bobber again as a few bits its one hell of a bike and would suit the way i ride now. However any thoughts on the new Indian chief Bobber ? I’d change the bars as don’t like half ape bars. I think i will look to part ex the R Nine t only because its not getting used.

FTR looks amazing and I’ve seen it and sat on but not ridden but i think its too extreme for my gentle weekend riding now !

Anyone any thoughts Scout bobber or Chief Bobber as I’d change suspension on both and chop the rear !

Great chat and thank you for some great photos !
Post #932182 2nd Dec 2021 2:30pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Steve W,

As mentioned I had an FTR for two years. Took a lot of money and time getting it to run right as it should have done out of the crate. The Chief Bobber is a really nice bike but there is so much more you can do with a Scout and it's frame arrangement. Best thing to do is speak to Colin Moore at Moore Speed Racing they do a lot of customisation work on Scouts and whatever your budget they can advise and even make you any parts you require. No Limit Customs in Germany are also inspirational in their parts department.

https://www.no-limit-custom.de/

Another custom Scout Bobber with a NLC parts build with a 280 rear tyre.

Click image to enlarge

Mine has a 300 which is only 5mm narrower than the BFG KM2s I had on the Landy.

Click image to enlarge
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #932234 2nd Dec 2021 7:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>