↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 110 SW 2009 problems and questions (accelaration problems)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Huda-Valentin

Romania 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Nato Green
110 SW 2009 problems and questions (accelaration problems)
Hello, from the start i am sorry for my english.
I am a new owner of 3 defenders bought from auction (110 SW utility - 2001, 110 SW - 2005 and 110 SW - 2009 military). All the vehicles where bought with missing parts or problems in different components.
I am asking for your help on the 2009 puma:
Becouse it was military it was not started for 3 years. After it was shipped to Romania i concluded that the storage guys or transport company stole the ECU from the car. I ordered at LD dealer (wich is 250km away from my town) a new ECU and transported the car by platform to them to mount and configure the ECU with the car. When they mounted the new ECU the motor started and worked normaly in service bun no one pressed the trottle to see if the motor accelerates. They added some freezing liquid in the radiator and let the motor reach 90 degrees to configure the pump and injectors. They configured pump and injectors and gave the car to transport company. They phoned me and told me that they finished the ECU and i have a problem on gearbox on second gear and maybe EGR or TURBO. The car came back at the local service in my town and when i start the engine it does not run smooth (is like is choking, vrum vrum vrum), when the engine is not running smooth the acceleration pedal has delay (i press it and after 2 or 3 second it starts to accelerate, but it accelerates). After 2 or 3 minutes of running bad the motor starts to run smooth but he does not accelerates at all when i press the pedal (It remains at 1200 rp), it is like not enough fuel is reaching the motor. On the tester i have 3 permanent errors, one is for a high pressure sensor, one is for high presure pump not learned and one for the injectors learning not completed. When i called the LR dealer and explained the errors they confirmed that they made all the learnings on ECU and i don t think they are lying because i have warranty on the work done by them and on the ECU. Also i don t think the turbo or EGR becouse if the turbo is broken it still accelerates but with no power. Anyway i changed the diesel filter (it had some bacteria and very few water, no more worst that i saw on pictures on this forum) and when i used the pump to get diesel into the circuit i noticed a lot of air bubbles (clear diesel for 5cm of tube and after that 1 cm of air, repeated, pumped about 3 liters of fuel). I took down the fuel tank and found a lot of old diesel, some black bacteria, but i don t think this was the case. On the bottom of the fuel intake (the white box) in the tank is a small conduct but in my opinion is the diesel returning from the motor (That one was clogged with bacteria). Anyway i am about to mount maybe tomorrow all back up and fire it up but from what i found in the tank i don t think there was a problem. Also i will blow air into the conducts to see if i blow something out but i don t think that will solve or if this is a good ideea.
First of all do you have any other ideas that i may use to solve the problem?
Also can i find online a thenical details specific to puma models? I only got the original land rover manual online with all the models and it is a pdf so very hard to search all tipe models etc.
Thank you
Post #803310 23rd Nov 2019 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1