↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Honk of Alarm goes off non-stop even with engine off… HELP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nextmeridian

France 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Baltic Blue
Honk of Alarm goes off non-stop even with engine off… HELP
Hi,

I have a 2.2 puma defender 110 from 2012 (2013 model).

While driving on bumpy roads, all of a sudden the honk turned on continuously. I turned off the engine and it kept going. I have a kill switch on my battery and that turned off the honk. The kill switch cuts power to the vehicle (internal clock stops working too). I removed the varied honk and alarm fuses found under the steering wheel (left hand drive) and as I put the power back, the honking stopped.

However when I put the fuses back, the only fuse which activates the honking uncontrollably is FUSE F8 (15amp), see photo attached. So I removed the fuse F8 and left all the other alarm and honk fuses in. Meaning the honk works, the central locking works and if I open a door with the alarm on the warning lights turn on to signal the alarm but obviously the alarm honk doesn’t work so it’s silent. I want the alarm honk back as I’m traveling the pan-American now.

What could it be? Why is it that if I put the fuse in it activates the honk and I can’t stop it?

Thank you!

Click image to enlarge
Post #975200 20th Dec 2022 5:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1