↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Offset wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dexterdog

Offset wheels
Hi, Sorry for another post on wheel offset, I thought I had this sussed but I am not so sure now and before I pay out a fair bit of cash for new wheels and tyres I thought I need to consult the oracle of all things Defender related.

I have a Puma defender with SVX alloys running 265 tyres and 30 mm hub spacers. They fill the arch perfectly and I want to replicate this on my older TD5 I have bought for green laning.

I have read that Land rover standard for an alloy is an ET+33 (and assume therefore the SVX alloys are ET+33). In effect my 30mm hub spacers on the puma balance out nearly all of the +33 ET of the alloys and give the effect of an ET wheel of virtually zero.

So my thinking is if I go for a wheel with an ET zero and 265 tyres (same as the puma) on the TD5 it will fill the arches in the same way the SVX alloys do on the Puma (but without the need for hub spacers).

The TD5 has white steel wheels and 205 tyres so its difficult to make a judgement. I was thinking of taking one of the SVX alloys and sticking it on the TD5 which because it will not have the hub spacers I think will leave me with wheels sat 33mm further in than they will with an ET zero wheel

I have four questions please for you brainy chaps out there:

1 -Does an SVX alloy have an ET of +33?
2 - Does a TD5 and Puma defender have the same set up (and so my comparisons above count) ?
3 - Will putting the SVX alloy onto the TD5 give me the comparison I think with a wheel 33mm further in than it will be with a ET zero wheel ?
4 - OR.....have I misunderstood it all and got it all wrong anyway Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter ?

Thanks for the help
Post #799061 22nd Oct 2019 8:16pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No

Smile Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #799091 22nd Oct 2019 9:32pm
Dexterdog

Awesome, thanks for responding
Post #799095 22nd Oct 2019 9:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1