↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > One of my worst days ever I think you will understand
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
very sorry to hear this, Its shocking on how quickly our valued members of the family just drop off like this very quickly! Prince went the same away for us last year. Just after easter last year, he rapidly went down hill. Compared to the previous year, when he would be happy to chase a ball etc. Your pal sounded like he had a great life to live to nearly 18 years old, Prince I think was shy of 15 years old, He was a border collie.
Early on in this year. My mum decided to get another dog, Well a pup. He is a bearded collie. So you never know who will walk into your life and be your friend. Thumbs Up A family isn't complete with out a cat or a dog. Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #788481 24th Aug 2019 2:40pm
HK07

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Cairns Blue
How are you doing gilarion?

Keep talking to us. 2007 90 Puma - Love it - Best car I have ever owned.

1989 Ninety 200tdi - Love it - Second best car I have ever owned.

1951 80" Series 1 - Love it - Third best car I have ever owned.
Post #788627 26th Aug 2019 2:43am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Again thank you all for your comments and support. I am doing OK, though at times not so. I asked the vet to arrange a cremation for LOKI and I should receive the ashes back this Wednesday.

As for the loss it is getting easier. I still see him lay down in his favourite places in my mind's eye and yesterday I found a well licked out yoghurt pot behind one of the chairs that Loki had pinched out of the bin which daft as it sounds upset me, he was a terrible thief and loved to lick anything sweet he found, what made me laugh was when he took anything out of the bin he looked so pleased with himself and would scuttle off either to hide it or to find somewhere where he could lick out the insides without someone taking it off him.

I know as the weeks go by my memories of him will mellow and any grief will be replaced by the feeling of how lucky I was to own him. He was the gentlest of dogs, loyal, friendly and so fun-loving, in many ways he was the living characterisation of A.A. Milne’s Tigger and like Tigger the most wonderful thing about Loki was I’m the only one.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #788666 26th Aug 2019 11:53am
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
The pain does rescind, but never completely with some dogs. I’m lucky enough to have had a few great dogs, and I don’t mean in terms of work ability, but in character and personality. Each one leaves its mark and will never be forgotten. They give endlessly, are forever faithful, sincere, incapable of telling a lie, and they expect nothing of us. That they cause such pain at the end is a small price to pay for the years in between.

The harder the passing, the better the dog. Sounds like you’ve had one of the best.
Post #788677 26th Aug 2019 1:17pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Very sorry for your loss Gilarion. Great that Loki had such a good innings and that he passed peacefully, naturally and with you by his side. And that you have so many wonderful photos to keep the memories alive. I met Sulisuli the night you wrote your OP and he said how moving and heartfelt it was and I couldn't agree more. He clearly meant very much to you. Wishing the big man much happiness as he roams his very own 'mynyddoedd' in the sky.... Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #788679 26th Aug 2019 1:55pm
steve E

Wales 
So so sorry to read this mate.
Post #788733 26th Aug 2019 7:32pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Only just seen this & it has pulled me up short.

Great words & photos. Perhaps only a small but very fitting tribute to your friend and companion. It does sound like you gave him a full and rewarding life and in return he gave you one of life's richest experiences.

Genuine thanks for sharing and giving us all an opportunity to reflect on what's really important. Off to wake the pack up in a while and they are both going to get an extra hug.
Post #792674 13th Sep 2019 6:20am
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
it gets better life is hard at times I fully understand how and what you are feeling . may I wish you well and hope things feel better for you and your loved ones soon
Post #792752 13th Sep 2019 10:31am
Fellrunner

2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Well that brought a tear to my eye, I don’t mind saying.

A lovely post reflecting on a very special relationship. I hope you’re OK. Our Westie is now 16.5 and going down hill, almost blind and deaf. But she’s a happy content little dog. We’re currently enjoying a lovely holiday in Staveley, and I can’t help thinking that it could be our last with her. I can only hope that our final moments with her are as special as yours were. What a lovely way to say goodbye.

All the best.

Click image to enlarge
Post #792756 13th Sep 2019 10:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234