Home > Puma (Tdci) > Nanocom Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
trailbear

United Kingdom 
Nanocom Help
Gents / ladies

Can anyone confirm if the new version of the Nanocom has the ability to programme alarm modules and remotes?

My vehicle came in a very basic spec and I am in the process of slowly upgrading it to include central locking.
I have fitted all the missing looms and actuators, using original Landrover equipment. The last thing to do is fit the alarm module then have that and the remotes programmed to speak to each other.

I have enquired at all the local independent Garages but am told this is a job for the main dealer as they do not have the equipment to do the job. I have a price from the main dealer but that now appears that I would need to have them fit the module as well with the price for this reaching stratospheric levels. I obviously cannot fit the new module then drive to the dealer to be ripped off for programming the module and remotes.

It would obviously make it a lot simpler if the Nanocom could do the job rather than the dealer.

If it is possible, is there anyone in the Edinburgh area who would be able to help me out with the job.

I missed out on the last group buy but intend to purchase one this time around, however , I am unsure when the current group buy will reach the required numbers.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated .
Post #858053 25th Sep 2020 10:21am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
The latest doc I can find is this https://nanocom-diagnostics.com/downloads/...-evolution

So if your alarm module is at a pre 2014 puma or a TD5 spec then the nanocom will be ok to program a fob on the Lucas 10AS alarm module. Apparently the green cased ones are ok and the black cased ones are not supported.
Post #858070 25th Sep 2020 12:53pm
Mdm

United Kingdom 
hawkeye and nanaocom can do some of the the bits you need.easy to do and a few guides on ine just make a note of any settings before you change them in case you have to go back.

fob teaching is easy just make sure they work before you try and code them

a good independent like gemm4x4 can do more perhaps and easier.

hawkeyes can do more lr (full spec on bearmach page) than nanocm where you need to buy a code for every vehicle you want to work on
Post #858113 25th Sep 2020 5:41pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Nanocom Evolution does now support the black ALM: https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/downloads/preview/alm-ecu  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #858123 25th Sep 2020 6:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ianh

United Kingdom 
That’s handy to know Martin. My 2.2 is a 10AS module but handy to know my nanocom supports the later ALM modules if I need to help out another local member.
Post #858162 25th Sep 2020 10:30pm
trailbear

United Kingdom 
Oh Blimey, I can see this going horribly wrong, me and anything technical generally ends up in disaster Sad

Thanks for the replies gents.

Anybody in Edinburgh area that has the required equipment and the technical know how?
Post #858189 26th Sep 2020 9:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1