↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > A-Plan Insurance > Very impressed new customer.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Very impressed new customer.
Due to the number of mods (some big and lots of small ones) I have done to my Defender I looked at my current defender insurance with LV who I have been with for along time and they have been great but as the defender is well past standard I felt I needed better cover going forward so called A Plan Insurance for a quote.

I spent an hour and ten minutes on the phone dealing with Stan and whilst a long call I have to say I’m impressed to say the least. Stan was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and explained very clearly and concisely (very important when your getting older like me Rolling with laughter )

Since that call I have sent them a full and comprehensive list of “ALL” ‘YES ALL’ mods to date, as well as the dates the mods were done and the costs including if they are supply only items or supply and fit and I have all the paperwork to support this and have sent photographs of the defender as well to just in case it’s ever needed. I just wanted to make sure I had crossed the Ts and dotted the Is, because talking with Stan I realised I wasn’t totally covered with LV as I thought I was.

Whilst a time consuming process putting all the above information together I feel it’s time very well spent and something I would suggest worthwhile doing because god forbid in the event of an accident I know I’m totally covered now. Whereas before I thought I was but I wouldn’t have been!!

All the new policy paperwork was with me by email within 30 minutes, I had to make 2 telephone calls back to them to clarify an email address and another general point but again the guys I dealt with were very efficient too.

Yes my premium has increased but in fairness we weren’t comparing like for like because I now have an agreed value as well as some extras on my new policy that I didn’t have before, I also have half the excess I had before.

Would I recommend them YES I would, I hope not to have to contact them again until renewal time next year but feel if I had to in the event of making a claim based on the service this morning it would be handled smoothly and effectively.

Guys if you do nothing else this weekend double check you have declared all your mods, don’t think oh I won’t bother to mention that it will be ok......... it may not be and if you have an accident and the insurance don’t pay out you won’t only lose your defender but perhaps more if your taken to court for damages by the other party.

Oh and if your interested my premium now for fully protected no claims, business use doing 18000 miles a year, £250 excess fully comprehensive cover for the wife and I to drive is £440.00 per year or £1.20 per day Thumbs Up

Check your insurance policies just to be safe guys. 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #787337 17th Aug 2019 1:06pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
OH NO!

Please tell me you didn't tot up the amount spent on mods?

You need to burn the list and wipe it from your memory. No good can come of it.

Click image to enlarge
Post #787354 17th Aug 2019 3:13pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Glad A Plan worked out for you though.

JUST BURN THE LIST!
Post #787355 17th Aug 2019 3:14pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Zed it was bloody frightening the total cost of purchasing and paying for them to be fitted, I’m totally happy and it’s been money well spent except perhaps the cream clock and heater dials mistake I made earlier this month but hey if that’s the only mod regretI don’t mind Rolling with laughter 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #787361 17th Aug 2019 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1