↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Defender Face Lift
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Beefster

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Indus Silver
Defender Face Lift
Ive brought forward some mods to the front end of my 110 as I will be on taxi duty for my daughters up coming prom.
New lower grille and main grille fitted although this still needs some fettling, bumper should be back from powdercoat soon so will sort when grille come off again. This will give me a couple of days to decide what to do with the now redundant bottom frame lugs - the side fillers have been sprayed silver (not fitted yet) but think I will spray the visible lugs black as they stand out behind the grille.

Click image to enlarge
Post #778679 23rd Jun 2019 9:47pm
Beefster

Update to Facelift

The new bumper is fitted - I went with Gloss black to match the roof, grille and mirrors. I though the old one might clean up for future use but the rust was coming off like slices of roast beef so I weighed it in instead! It was only 5 years old but since the new one I had made is stainless it should last a bit longer!

Click image to enlarge

While the bumper was off I sorted out the new grille. When I looked at it with fresh eyes it was clear that the lugs I was going to paint were actually preventing the mesh from sitting flush in the rebate and causing it to belly out so I cut them off. What will I do if I want to re-fit the old grille, well I will cross that bridge as and when!

Only remaining thing was a badge - got a simply black and silver one from e-bay - think it is for D*scovery - and then had a couple of plates laser cut at work, added some self-clinch studs and sandwiched it over the grille.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Im please with overall look now, grille surround will still need a micro-fill and re-spray at some point but that is for another day!
Post #780951 10th Jul 2019 12:34pm
captain slow

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
Looking good Thumbs Up which grille did you go for? 2.2 Tdci 110 XS CSW Corris Grey
Prince Harry's D3 (gone but not forgotten)
300 Tdi 110 CSW (gone but not forgotten)
Post #780981 10th Jul 2019 3:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beefster

It's from Lockwood International in Leeds. I stumbled on them looking for a suitable stainless mesh to make my own grille in a stage-one-esque kind of style then realized they actually made their own complete grilles. They offer them with or without headlight guards and also single piece (like mine) or three piece which looks to have additional vertical spacing bars.
It helped that the blurb on the website showed them fitted to a silver defender so I could see what it would look like.
I actually bought mine via Amazon rather than direct, prices were pretty similar - I might have saved a bit on carriage if I had gone direct and collected it as I work just a few miles down the M62 but I was up against it time wise.
It came with all the required fixings including those for non-AC fitments.
Post #780993 10th Jul 2019 5:36pm
G4V JW

United Kingdom 
Literally just done the same to mine, looks good Thumbs Up Instagram; @gavin_walding
Post #781012 10th Jul 2019 8:09pm
Beefster

Looks good Thumbs Up How are you finding new headlights? Been looking to upgrade but it is a
minefield of suppliers and types - did they require uprated electrics or is it just a straight swap?
Post #781164 11th Jul 2019 7:42pm
G4V JW

United Kingdom 
Straight swap, plug and play, plenty out there to choose from, difference is mental !! Instagram; @gavin_walding
Post #781166 11th Jul 2019 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1