↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > anyone work in the food industry
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
anyone work in the food industry
hi may I ask about food that although it should not contain flour but on the box says there could be traces of flour what is the recommendation as far as allergies go . I ask this as we give bagels to children at work and some have a flour allergy and have a bagel I have had a telling off for pointing this out .I would have thought giving recent events where allergic reactions have cost lives it would be safer to say sorry you are not able to have one . we are still allowing them to have them . the head has a breakdown and it sates there is no flour . but has I pointed out there could be traces as stated on the box . I presume this is has other products are produced at the same bakery Question
Post #777977 18th Jun 2019 10:59am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
My Mum is a Coeliac so comes across this quite a lot.

Traces of xxxx usually means that the product is made in a factory which also processes the allergen. Nuts are another allergen that is often labelled like this.

Mum's condition is not particularly bad but some coeliacs are affected by even the smallest bit of cross contamination.

My opinion is that the likelihood of something happening would be extremely rare, it's probably best not to dish the bagels out unless of course the Children's parents are happy about it.
Post #777986 18th Jun 2019 12:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1