↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Terrafirma 4Stage Adjustable Steering Damper £25
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
hank

Wales 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
[For Sale] Terrafirma 4Stage Adjustable Steering Damper £25
Terrafirma 4 Stage Adjustable Steering Damper. Part number TF833

Mint condition and perfect working order. Only fitted for a year, which according to my MOT certificates means 1800 miles.

Cost £65 +P&P from Terrafirma, will sell for £25 collected from Newport, South Wales. Will post for £5.

http://www.terrafirma4x4store.co.uk/4_stag...mper_TF833

Click image to enlarge
 > 110 XS Double Cab
> Instagram @simonlanemind
Post #776391 6th Jun 2019 6:09pm
Stiff1

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Hi, can I ask what the real world effects of fitting this were and are any changes very much off road focused?

Thanks in advance.
Post #776394 6th Jun 2019 6:34pm
hank

In honesty I adjusted it a few times from setting 1 to setting 4 and couldn’t notice a difference on road > 110 XS Double Cab
Post #776409 6th Jun 2019 8:22pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Hi Stiff1

I have a set of the +5 inch version of these. I was lucky to get an early set to test before they went on general sale. My versions are blue and not red.

Of the four settings my conclusions are as follows

1 - Very supple and fantastic for off road sites and large areas with minimum road use such as Salisbury Plain. On road at speed they are too soft and not very nice, the feeling for me was like driving on four flat tyres.

2- A great all rounder both on and off road. Great for day to day driving, especially around here due to cr4p roads and endless speed humps. I can drive at 90 miles an hour and my 90 is very stable. Again with general green laning they are perfect for a day out and drive back home.

3 - A firmer ride I found best suited for long fast roads and motorway driving. The vehicle at speed is planted and easy to overtake with confidence - I have a two inch lift, external roll cage, mud terrains, antiroll bar on the front, the rear I have removed. Day to day driving is a little harsh depending on the type of roads you have, as I said round here we have too many speed humps.

4 - I tested this setting for a week and never went back to it . For me it was too harsh for my vehicle and tyres. I felt every tread block on my tyres. For a road biased tyre at speed this could be a very good option.

Now to changing the settings. the adjuster knob is at the lower end of the damper. I have mine set on the rear facing upwards and the front pointing towards the rear of the car.

To change the settings i prefer to turn the steering and then use the high lift on the tree sliders to give me room within the rear wheel arch to lean in and change the setting, on the front the coils stretch enough again to make the adjustment. I can do both sides in less than five minutes.

With this method i can change one side at a time and not have to get on my back.

These have been on my vehicle since March 2014 and have not given me any problems at all.

I hope that this explaination helps you

Regards

Mark
Post #776417 6th Jun 2019 8:45pm
hank

Thanks for the write up Mark. I take it you are describing suspension dampers? > 110 XS Double Cab
Post #776476 7th Jun 2019 11:00am
hank

Post #776868 10th Jun 2019 8:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1