↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Tomb Raider 90 + OME Suspension - Light-Medium or Med-Heavy?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JayPeeEss

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 Tomb Raider LE Bonatti Grey
Tomb Raider 90 + OME Suspension - Light-Medium or Med-Heavy?
Looking for any advice people can give on the spring / coil spec for a Tomb Raider 90 before I head out shopping - as head is spinning on the load levels I may need and options.

I'm wanting to keep everything standard height / feel if possible and have been hearing plenty of happy-stories about the OME-range of products.

The TR is already fitted with roll-cage-roof-rack, side steps, snorkel and chequer plate / guards all round - which in my simple state already looks to be a medium-level of load. Given i then add camping gear (and one day a roof-tent), i feel i should be heading towards the Medium-Heavy spec springs but is that too severe when empty and overkill given worse case loads (no towing / horse box planned)?

However (head spins with options), given it came on standard LR springs / shocks from new and for much of the time is just me in the car (plus 5 empty seats), i could easily be persuaded I should go for the Light-Medium level as sufficient?

I'm thinking of pairing with standard height LR coils or FlatDog as i don't want the height increase which seems to come with the OME springs.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

Cheers Defender 90 - Tomb Raider LE
Discovery 5 HSE - yes, even despite the ugly backend.
Range Rover 4.2SC - Gone and still being missed
Post #775570 30th May 2019 4:05pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I regularly have this train of thought and it's hard to know what's best if you use the vehicle in different states of load. My suggestion, and what I plan to do, is talk too someone like Gwyn Lewis, Devon 4x4 etc and get some advice. They will have been through this a million times before and will know what suits. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #775572 30th May 2019 4:11pm
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
You can get Fox shocks valved for LR. Maybe a bit more expensive than OME. And progressive springs. Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #775584 30th May 2019 4:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1