↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Lack off power from pullaway
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Namlandy

2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 PU Alpine White
Lack off power from pullaway
I know there is some post out there about this but strugle to find it. I had a trip and lost power, could only change down and get revs up above 2000 rpm in 5th gear to go at 110kmh. When I get back after 700km I read a post on a 4 x 4 forum about the heat and bigger intercooler. Is that the way to go?
Also have low power when pulling away, when revs is up it pul like a tain. I did check thhe actuator on turbo, the variable vans is loose. I took off the actuator and open it to see if worm geare is ok, also 100%.
Where can I start looking next
Post #770778 29th Apr 2019 8:55pm
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
first step is to check of any dtc codes are stored. a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #770782 29th Apr 2019 9:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Namlandy

I have 2 fault codes, P0404, normal EGR control circuit, I block egr that is why that come uo, but thats been there always before I start with power at low rpm problem.
P1103 Mass air flow sensor in ranve but higher than expected, think this is I installed biger intercooler. Also problem before this installation, done this with the hope problem will disapear.
This is 2010 Puma 2,4.
Just want to make sure where actuator arm must be when engine is in off posision.When engine run I took off lever from actuater and move it up and down, so vanes in turbo is loose and work fine, just not sure how to test the actuater, or how to set it..
Post #770828 30th Apr 2019 9:32am
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
Unfortunately the actuator arm is just 1 of many many problems which can cause this problem.

Step 2 is driving with the nanocom (Or something similar) to check the temp. Preferably on a warm day under load. Check if you see any spikes in temp.

And clear the dtc codes so you can see if anything comes up.

Do you have aircon? I think you have because the non aircon Pumas didn’t have any of this problems. I asked Just to be sure.

I had the same problems and solved by changing the temp Valve to a hot Climate one, added the naka bolt to move the fan and changed the radiator to a bigger one. a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #770833 30th Apr 2019 9:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Namlandy

I will drive it with hawkeye unit this weekend to see reedings. Actuator is moving up and down, so that must be working. Power at more than 2000rpm is good, respons allso good, just at bottom its slow.
Thanks for reply.
Post #770977 30th Apr 2019 8:42pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Check the turbo wiring and it wouldn’t go amis to probably clean the MAF and MAP sensors too.
If they aren’t too bad it would do any harm to check and clean anyway. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #770978 30th Apr 2019 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1