↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > Spotted P Reg 110 convoy play
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Spotted P Reg 110 convoy play
Don't have an image (data corruption on dashcam) but it was a really cool occurrence so i'll spin the dit, never know if they're on here.

Friday 4:20 coming back on the A12, from Chelmsford to Brentwood workhorse (300 TDI?) 110 in (epsom?) green, Winch bumper, roof rack and Snorkle.

Enter the A12 Westbound at margeretting, pick up speed to 65MPH before slipping on and saw this familiar smudge of green overtake me at what must have been 80MPH because it went off and disappeared.

I floor it in pursuit, but no luck, or at least no luck until the mountnessing roundabout, thats where i caught up to it in the left hand lane stuck behind a lorry. I allow it to pull out. We overtake the lorry in convoy, there are plenty of people behind me so i pull in left to let them go. They have a similar idea. now behind him

We're now on a straight stretch and nobody in the right hand lane and nobody in front of him so i pull out and floor it. i see the driver look in his wing mirror and grin. A puff of huge black smoke came out of the exhaust.

Challenge accepted. I wack the pedal to the metal, We're neck and neck for about a mile before there's traffic in his lane, i'm about half a 110 in front of him, He drops back to brake and pull in behind me, I check my speedo, "Oh god" I say. I'm doing something i never thought a 2 tonne 110 could do, i don't have a remap or anything, just a straight through exhaust, performance filter and a snorkle. Heavens knows how what i presume to be a TDI kept up with me for that speed.

I relent off the accelerator.

We proceed in right hand lane convoy until brook street roundabout, where they turn off. I put my hazards on in salute as i see they're about to pull off.

Have to say it was really awesome experience, and if you're on here i hope you had a pleasant journey P reg, i appreciated the company after a busy day at work. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #765146 24th Mar 2019 1:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1