↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Remaps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
iruffell

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Remaps
I'm thinking of getting a remap done once my warranty expires but there seems to be quite a few remaps available BAS, Alive ...

Can I get your real world experiences please.
Post #71654 19th May 2011 2:14pm
Cowpat

United Kingdom 
I've got the BasRemap with EGR shut off and it's excellent. You really notice the difference in 4th, 5th & 6th gears. There is just a lot more torque and it really pulls up and down dale! Acceleration is also improved but I haven't done any timing comparisons between standard and remaped but can definately tell the difference.

I suspect the MPG is better but not done a test. But you don't need to change gear as often so one would have say it's better.

I really don't think you need any more than this sort of engine performance upgrade unless your going drag racing!!!!

It's just a much better driving experience. Thumbs Up 1986 Defender 90 County V8
1997 Overfinch Defender 90 570HSI - Pass anything apart from a petrol pump!
2011 Defender 90 TDCI xs
Best 4x4 by Far!
Post #71656 19th May 2011 2:21pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Alive every time all the above and more... Plus free upgrades Thumbs Up
http://www.td5alive.com/remaptuning.php NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #71658 19th May 2011 2:25pm
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
Bas all the way 100% service and dyno read out to prove it not just hear say

Plus If you want even more he's now offering a updated turbo which is in development stages I have one fitted to my car remeber sum compants say you can get all these wonderful figures but not many prove them
Give Pete a ring and he will dirt you out
Regards steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #71659 19th May 2011 2:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Java Black
SAme on the above with BAS plus I'll add that Pete will explain everything to you and look after you top product and service. 110 Black Java Puma Utility, Kenlowe fan, bullbar, sides step, tinted windows, bluetoth, Scanguage, BAS,
Post #71661 19th May 2011 2:38pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
Bas every time Thumbs Up
Post #71662 19th May 2011 2:47pm
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
I'm a converted cynic on this topic Thumbs Up

I think the over-riding comment should be to go for a bespoke remap, rather than an off the shelf one size fits all tune or worse still, a chip... Sure you aware of this already though Thumbs Up

All the guys on this forum, Alive (for sure) , BAS & IRB (pretty darn sure) offer this bespoke service and you will be able to tell them what you want in terms of power delivery fuel efficiency etc. If you can actually go and visit guys at their workshops and spend the time with them fine tuning (pardon pun) the tune then I think this is best but in the real world, distance and time may prevent this but I believe all these guys offer a remote service using nanocoms or their own clever bits of kit.

For my part, I have an Alive remap (and EGR bypass), and I'm delighted with it. Smooth power delivery across the rev range and a 5th gear (td5) that will actually pick up. I just wanted better drivability without too much stress on the engine and I believe the Alive tune delivers this in spades. Bow down Also, I wasn't looking for better MPG in particular but I've probably seen this improve by a 1-2mpg (28ish to 30ish) despite a very slightly heavier right foot now.

Other chaps on here have BAS & IRB and are equally delighted with them so I think it's fair to say you won't go far wrong with a bespoke map from any of these companies.

Edit - just noticed I'm not amillion miles away from you (Live near Buckingham, work in Oxford). Okay, mines a td5 but you welcome to try her out if you were ever in my neck of the woods Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #71664 19th May 2011 3:00pm
big steve

also remeber that a td5 is very different to a tdci though ? 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
6 speed auto in build
Post #71667 19th May 2011 3:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
big steve wrote:
also remeber that a td5 is very different to a tdci though ?

Fair point that they are a different beast, so difficult to compare. Anyhow, offers there anyway if it's viewed as being of any use .... Thumbs Up Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #71669 19th May 2011 3:38pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
BAS FTW!

I just returned from a 6000km trip to Namibia running the BAS Standard map with EGR-shut & overall fuel consumption was 10.4l/100km. When you consider that the landy weighed 2500kg from the RTT, 2nd spare wheel, fridge, full aux tank + jerrycan, camping equipment, etc., etc & we travelled at 105kmh GPS-indicated Thumbs Up

Now that I'm back at home, am running the tuned map - last time I used it I got 9.1l/100km, the best consumption I have ever had with Orxy! --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #71670 19th May 2011 3:43pm
Lorryman100

I have the ATRIC remap from Alive tuning and I am well impressed with the gains in torque. I tow a lot and Gary gave me three seperate remap files (same price Whistle ) which I interchange between when needed. Have a read of this post I did when I received mine, I will say it gets bitchy but will help you decide on which remap to go for and what kind of service and back up you will receive Thumbs Up

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5548.html

I have had the remap now for about 4 months and regularly swap out the different remap files with no problems what so ever to date. I have not needed to contact Gary with any problems as there has been none, however he has emailed me to make sure I am happy with the remap and too see if their is any problems Thumbs Up Alive has also just recently taken delivery of a new puma as a dedicated test vehicle for its products and Gary is currently working on an EGR closed upgrade for his customers which when it has been thoroughly tested will be given as a free upgrade to his remap customers Thumbs Up
Post #71672 19th May 2011 3:57pm
big steve

I'm also pretty sure Pete supply's the egr shut on his as standard now but would be worth ringing him to talk about it all

Regards steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
6 speed auto in build
Post #71701 19th May 2011 8:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1