Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] Black alarm unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
[Wanted] Black alarm unit
For months, possibly years now, I have hoped to find and borrow / purchase a late 2014 on Black, so called 10AS Alarm ECU, better known under it's Ford part number as CH12-15K600-BC or similar. on Ebay etc and have even asked many breakers of late Defenders if they can help us but all to no avail.

All our informtion indicstes that this ECU should respond as any Prior 10AS ECU does, to what is termed ROSCO comms but yet it seems not to be 100% compatible, with even LR's own SDD having communication issues.

Somehow there is some subltle timing difference with this supposed replacement that we need to understand figure and cater for, something my tech team here typically enjoy eating for breakfast.

But we cannot do this without actually getting our hands on one of these 2014 on Alarm ECU's

I can only hope that someone here can help us help others.

Regards

Colin
Post #759646 19th Feb 2019 8:02pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Good on you for wanting to progress, and good luck with your search. Bow down Bow down

Andy.
Post #759652 19th Feb 2019 8:16pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
Hiyas Andy
Many Thanks for your very kind comments of appreciaton.

This particular late Black Alarm, so called 10AS unit has become something of "the one that got away for us"
I am told that even SDD has a problem communicating with it

I don't really need any fresh prodding / criticism, my own Support guy reminds me on a near monthy basis of a need and desire to sort this which repeatedly cause me to re look.

Geographics limit availaibility of our possibly encountering 2014 on Defenders here in Cyprus, and despite my best efforts on Ebay, even asking breakers if what they are breaking contains this, that I feel answers to as being dismissed and negative replies are generalised though a lack of any real care.

Not long back, I did pay shipping cost for a loan of one of these rare ECU's, but sadly when it tuned up it was already damaged beyond repair, that we were later blamed for causing.

I have even looked into those cases where breakers provide sets, IE (entire vehicle ID) via sets of the main ECU's and keys etc

Adding this ECU to our existing coverage will of course never affect our products reputation and sales volumes in any significant way, but it is an irratant, however small, that I would like to remove and would be so gratefull to anyone that could assist in that process.

Warmest regarrds
Post #760354 23rd Feb 2019 2:23pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
Hiyas all

Firstly a big thanks to Gillan for pointing me the item number to one of these elusive Black Alarm
module items that just came up for sale on Ebay. Thumbs Up

Unrelated to this thread or forum, a month or so after I started this thread, we did have someone e-mail
us about this and who then freely sent us one of these to work with and get us started.

We learned a really huge amount, starting with the fact that this item which is and has so often been mis referred to, even by us in the past as a Black 10AS is actually not a 10AS at all, but is a supposedly drop in replacement that shares the same case shape, but not colour and mostly the same connections / pin compatibilty,
actually has a new and different name, ALM (standing for Alarm Locking Module)

But there were and still are some strange issues with the version of ALM we had that we have yet to fully understand

Then we caught a break, as we were contacted for a bit of help by someone local who had a late Defender recovered in to them with an ALM fitted and that was not responding to the single, pitifully worn out, remote (plip) and was therefore not starting.

We were happy to assist, re learning not the old plip, but also a new Plip we already had in stock, big thanks to Pete Bell for that, and in so doing learned a lot of information we were missing, along with sorting the problems on this vehicle.

In so doing, we snagged a brand new ALM module as well as some other bits, that we were able to hook up and even learn Plips to.

So we are definately making progress with this and do hope to be adding coverage for it on our equipment in the not too distant future.

ATB

Colin

Last edited by BBS SPY on 17th Aug 2019 2:27pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #787335 17th Aug 2019 12:41pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Respect to you for your dedication, good luck with the research Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #787338 17th Aug 2019 1:07pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 
Many Thanks

I / we do our best.

You might want to check out this related thread

https://www.defender2.net/forum/post787348.html#787348

Warmest Regards

Colin