Home > Puma (Tdci) > Madman going crazy & temperature questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bourgui

Oman 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Alaska White
Madman going crazy & temperature questions
Good day everybody,

I installed my madman some time ago on my 2010 2.4 and from day 1 the EGT sensor did not work (showing 13 xxx C in the maximum values). I am in contact with madman and it may be a calibration issue. The EGT probe is giving around 10 ohms which is within the normal range!
Any thoughts?

After a month, the oil pressure is also showing OVERRANGE, even when the engine is off. (sender connected to the engine where the original pressure switch is)
The coolant temperature is working fine and showing the assumed right temp, but sometimes it goes completely crazy and varies from 50 to 88 and then back to normal for some time and again and again.
Does anybody had the same issue?

On the values also, is is normal to have the coolant temp sitting at +/- 88 and the oil temp at 75/80C?
BAS RRC is showing different coolant temp (most of the time higher), not sure which one to trust? (ECU value is calculated as far as I understand?)
On the same tool, I see that the CHT is reaching 110C sometimes on a slight uphill and sitting most of the time around 95-100C, it got me scared but the coolant temps stays low... any idea?

Sorry for the long post!
Gregoire
Post #757912 11th Feb 2019 10:49am
hornet

Can you take a picture of your (original) oil pressure sensor?
In cold conditions and without highway the oil temperatures are far lower than 80°C, but also here I am interested in a picture of your sensor...Smile
The cooling water temperature is calculated as a function of the CHT temperature, no physical sensor present. Your measured CHT-temperatures are the same as mine, also the behavior.
Post #757965 11th Feb 2019 3:23pm
Bourgui

Hi Hornet,

thanks for your reply very reassuring! Here is a picture of the oil pressure sender and switch! Let me know if you want me to fit my phone deep inside to get a better picture.

Regarding the madman issues, it seems that my unit is not correct, I should have it replaced!

For the temperature gurus out there, is that normal to have such a high CHT?
Gregoire

Click image to enlarge
Post #758126 12th Feb 2019 12:03pm
hornet

Thanks, nice. My CHT readings are same level as yours.
Post #758163 12th Feb 2019 3:12pm
Big Harold

Australia 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Alpine White
Re: Madman going crazy & temperature questions
Bourgui wrote:
Good day everybody,

I installed my madman some time ago on my 2010 2.4 and from day 1 the EGT sensor did not work (showing 13 xxx C in the maximum values). I am in contact with madman and it may be a calibration issue. The EGT probe is giving around 10 ohms which is within the normal range!
Any thoughts?

After a month, the oil pressure is also showing OVERRANGE, even when the engine is off. (sender connected to the engine where the original pressure switch is)
The coolant temperature is working fine and showing the assumed right temp, but sometimes it goes completely crazy and varies from 50 to 88 and then back to normal for some time and again and again.
Does anybody had the same issue?

On the values also, is is normal to have the coolant temp sitting at +/- 88 and the oil temp at 75/80C?
BAS RRC is showing different coolant temp (most of the time higher), not sure which one to trust? (ECU value is calculated as far as I understand?)
On the same tool, I see that the CHT is reaching 110C sometimes on a slight uphill and sitting most of the time around 95-100C, it got me scared but the coolant temps stays low... any idea?

Sorry for the long post!
Gregoire

When you say your coolant temp stays low what gauge are you reading off.
My exhaust temp rises dramatically with load and if sustained coolant temp follows to over 100 deg c.
While my factory coolant gauge does not move.
My oil pressure sits at 25psi hot at idle to 50psi at 2000rpm.
Mark
Post #758248 12th Feb 2019 9:40pm
Bourgui

Just to update the matter,

I got a replacement unit from Brendan at performance products SA in coordination with Brian from madman, fabulous service and advices! Now everything works fine!

Rewiring the earth correctly cured the erratic coolant temps display!
Post #762295 7th Mar 2019 11:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1