↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Pump learn problems with FORScan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
skidrov

Australia 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Fuji White
Pump learn problems with FORScan
Hi folks, been lurking here for a while, I post more regularly on AULRO, hope you can assist with this query.

I saw the various threads/successes on this forum with the Puma Defenders and FORScan. So, I gave it a go, and basic monitoring worked well, both with Android and Windows devices, while using a bluetooth ELM327 connector. I decided to try the pump learn procedure, figuring a) worst case no harm and b) it might improve engine running (not that it was running badly).

All started OK, and the procedure went through the injector "Temporary learning" step no problems. It then ran the "Adaptive learning" step, and got about 45% of the way through the procedure in total, but stopped with errors - the sort of errors were initialisation error, engine temperature, short to VBATT, and loss of connection to the ELM adaptor. Note that these errors didn't occur on each run, but across the three times I tried the procedure.

In any event, it has left me with a fault/DTC code of P268B - which I think means that the pump learn procedure didn't finish properly and needs to be re-run. This is the only DTC I have - no others, and no yellow "check engine" light.

As I say, I was connecting via a bluetooth ELM327 device - my suspicion is that it might not be a reliable connection and drop-outs may be causing the error. My only other guess is that my SCV (which is the original one) is not working properly and so the relearn can't complete (this is a total guess - and note that the car is running/idling/starting perfectly, with no abnormal fuel consumption). And, even with this P268B fault code, the car appears to be running fine - it idles very steadily, and a short drive felt normal.

So, thoughts welcomed. My initial thoughts are that I will get a wired/USB ELM327 lead and try that. Bluetooth is probably OK for monitoring but my suspicion is that it's not a good option for a service procedure.

My final question: does anyone have a point of view as to whether I should/not drive the car before completing the pump relearn successfully?

My thanks to all in advance!
Post #757675 10th Feb 2019 9:06am
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
Agree you may have a communication issue between the PC/phone and the elm327. Many users here failed to run the pump calibration and had no problems. If you go to a transit forum some say you can blow the pressure relief valve but apparently that has not been prooved. In gear you can monitor the rail pressure and it should not go over 1600 bar. Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #757779 10th Feb 2019 4:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1