↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > If meat eaters acted like vegans!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
flydive

Switzerland 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Heritage Edition SW Grasmere Green
DonH2000 wrote:
Trouble is that plants too feel pain when they are cut so why do they eat them if they use the same arguments against meat?

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

Yes, and at least meat can try to run and get away, no such chance for vegetables Wink
Post #752753 21st Jan 2019 11:37am
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Rashers wrote:
my Mum is Coeliac so cannot take products with gluten in them

I feel sorry for those, like your Mum, who genuinely can't eat gluten. I was in a pub recently. Woman on the next table was being fussy about gluten. Then she was told that they couldn't guarantee that the chips were gluten free as they cooked batter in the same oil. All of a sudden, she was cured!
Similarly all the people who are suddenly lactose intolerant. Makes life more difficult for those with a genuine problem.
Post #752765 21st Jan 2019 12:31pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Thanks AMBxx. The raised eyebrows are usual due to the amount of people playing at Gluten intolorences these days. The upside, there’s load of gluten free stuff in the supermarkets and the price has come down. The bread is also a million times better than the old stuff prescribed by the Doctors in years gone by.
Post #752775 21st Jan 2019 12:53pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
I chuckled away at that video.
Strikes me that omnivores are a lot more tolerant than vegans. I have vegetarian friends and also friend who follow religious diets and when I cater for them, I respect their choices. I also have vegetarian friends who have been veggie for years and are equally tolerant of their meat eating friends and cater for them, but it seems to me that it is the recently converted who are particularly intolerant. I have a friend with a recently veggie son and when he caters for the whole family, he does just that. He makes a omnivore option and a veggie option, but when he went to their house for Christmas dinner it was totally veggie.
I agree about a lot of these people who have food intolerances rather than medical conditions which are genuine andcould make them seriously ill are what i would class as just fussitarian.
I once made a cake with was gluten free, dairy free and to my taste pretty disgusting for a friend to take to a gathering. When she got there she was asked if the cake was cooked in an oven which had previously cooked meat, my reaction to that was WTF and if you feel that strongly about stuff then don't eat out and certainly don't try and guilt trip the people who have tried to make an effort to accommodate you.
After this incident I went on a bit of a facebook rant which led to me promising that I would guarantee that all my cakes would have added taste in future. This led to a bet which made for a rather tasty cake with extra bacon, chocolate and chile and me being affectionately referred to as Letitia Cropley.
Regards
Barbara
Post #752776 21st Jan 2019 1:18pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Rashers wrote:
Thanks AMBxx. The raised eyebrows are usual due to the amount of people playing at Gluten intolorences these days. The upside, there’s load of gluten free stuff in the supermarkets and the price has come down. The bread is also a million times better than the old stuff prescribed by the Doctors in years gone by.

Another upside.. Veggie Percy Pigs from M&S. Far superior to the regular versions.
Post #752823 21st Jan 2019 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12