Home > Puma (Tdci) > How concerned...reassurance required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
How concerned...reassurance required
Bearing in mind i dont want to be too concerned. Sheep

How concerned should i be if the dealer says the body shop are refitting parts to repair something they shouldnt have taken anything to bits to repair (eg: repaired in situ) although i can see why they might. WHen quizzed stating this may just be a figure of speach (they have had it for 3 weeks now!)

I dont even want to think Autoglym lifeshine damage Rolling Eyes why is this not simple Big Cry Mike
Post #4827 19th Nov 2008 5:02pm
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Well i would get them to tell you what they have replaced !

For all you know it could have been crashed and repaired ?
If they have repaired something for instance the brake pipe issue rubbing on the turbo heat shield and dribbled this across tour wing tops then this could be deemed as accidental and they would want to fix this.

For examples sake: my 300TDI went in for a service and came out with wing top protectors on !
Not any old wing top protectors but a used pair Shocked the technician though had holes in the top of his wings and a pair of genuine wing tops in the back.

whilst servicing my 90 the wing top had become dented where the blokes elbow pressed it in taking the fuel filter off ! the answer was to fit some wing tops, this was a main dealer !

The result ended in full chequer plate to wing tops, sills, rear corners, free service, spot lamps, light guards and much grovelling.

anyway: turn up there and demand to know what the hell is going on !
I,ll do it if you want ! Thumbs Up DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #4828 19th Nov 2008 5:37pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Thanks

Its not at the dealers it wataken to their body shop (Stratstones body shop - West Midlands I persume around stoubridge). You will recall, maybe, that they scratched the roof when it came from LR - repaired it and ignoring a crap repair the roof bars (when fitted) just destroyed all the paint in the gutter which highlighted a u/s repair and some other roof finish issues - especially around the gutter (all round).

Finally they took it in to repair after a huge battle and to fix some paint bobbling on the AC cowel and laquer fault around the filler (lifeshine guy picked up those faults).

Friday (now i have finally got a date to get it back) will be 3 weeks, so i think im going to have to check exactly what they have done when i see it and check the work!
Im hoping they are just talking about the cowel and they havent removed the roof to fix it (i assume they wouldnt as this seems more than a body shop would bother to do) - i hope and pray.

Thats before the other minor faults and brake recall i hope they fix on Friday!

I suppose i could find exactly where it is (through a few means) but most importantly i left it with no fuel in Thumbs Up Mike
Post #4830 19th Nov 2008 5:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1