↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Controversial Iceland advert.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Blacksheep

Controversial Iceland advert.
Apparently this “contravened the prohibition on political advertising”
Really?
http://www.trendingly.com/orangutan-iceland Time is precious, waste it wisely...

Defender 90 D200
Post #740464 14th Nov 2018 10:58am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
It's because it was produced by Greenpeace and so is deemed political, rather than the content itself.

Ironically, this publicity means it's probably been seen by far more people than it would have if just released on telly, Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #740465 14th Nov 2018 11:03am
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
I'm glad to see the Palm Oil debate out in public, although the environmental issues are very important, I personally find the fact that this evil chemical is being put into so many foods.
The human body should not be polluted with this chemically modified poison. 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #740472 14th Nov 2018 12:19pm
WindyJ

Irony that Iceland decided to pick it up....production and running of freezers is about as good for the environment as a particularly badly tuned smoky Defender.
Post #740474 14th Nov 2018 12:27pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Have you ever seen them Greenpeace trawlers? Great big smokey things?

I get that they’re second hand in order to prevent production co2 of a new vessel, but surely they can retrofit some MAN or Bosch power plant into it.

I mean it’s so bad it looks like it still used coal and a stoaker... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #740480 14th Nov 2018 12:46pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
They don't know the meaning of environmental protection anyway.
City guys and girls who wouldn't know a spade from a shovel.

If anything, it's city folk or perhaps upmarket councillors etc building houses and developments everywhere so that those from abroad are housed. Thus destroying our country bit by bit.

I am all for environmental protection but not their do gooder style. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #740484 14th Nov 2018 1:28pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
OsloBlue wrote:
Have you ever seen them Greenpeace trawlers? Great big smokey things?

I get that they’re second hand in order to prevent production co2 of a new vessel, but surely they can retrofit some MAN or Bosch power plant into it.

I mean it’s so bad it looks like it still used coal and a stoaker...

You'd think that Greenpeace would use sailing vessels or triremes!
Post #740500 14th Nov 2018 3:45pm
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
What makes you think the video was/is banned ?

Seems to me that the best way to get any crap spread on the internet is to claim someone banned it... how many click bait ads have you seen with titles like "The video they don't want you to know about" or "10 things the government don't want you to know" etc... It's social manipulation, making people think they're "rebelling" by looking at something when, in fact, the premise is untrue. Fake news anyone ?

I haven't watched the video myself, maybe it does contravene some rule somewhere, maybe it doesn't. If they start pulling adverts for not telling the truth or misleading the public then our commercial TV channels are screwed ! http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #740501 14th Nov 2018 3:58pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
custom90steve wrote:

If anything, it's city folk or perhaps upmarket councillors etc building houses and developments everywhere so that those from abroad are housed. Thus destroying our country bit by bit.

I am all for environmental protection but not their do gooder style.

Spot on,40% of all carbon emissions come from construction Alone.

They complain about fumes but it would cost me £10.90 in fuel but £12.60 by public transport to get to work, oh and No gongestion charge. Especially affordable if I’ve picked up some steel UCs and 5 Lithuanian blokes to fix it together.

If you drive round Chelsea, Kensington, Knightsbridge. 95% of all homes are empty for 95 % of the year if lucky. The others are owned by people who have no intention of living here.

Now I don’t mind people coming here, & working there arse off and living in a council house, what I do object to is 20 guys living in a 4 bedroom house working their arse off, or he chap who lives in a ducking GARAGE opposite, because they can’t afford anywhere else because everyone wants to be a property entrepreneur and own a second house to pay off two mortgages. I also object to single mothers who got up the duff on purpose (I know two) to get a three bed house for themselves and little jimmy, whilst 22 year army veterans and their families live in a damp rented property who’s children have to share a single bedroom. And Censored straight of the victim boat who are escaping a war torn country rather than fight for it.

Every mans home should be his castle, he should own, and be able to fight tooth and nail to keep his property his own.

What needs to happen is massive construction projects the world has never seen, we need so many homes that it bursts the bubble, people will have fulfilling jobs and homes with heart. None of that shared Censored either. I want the poorest of the poor to afford houses. MPs in government don’t give a Censored about new homes because they’re the ones who have second and third homes. Don’t believe me? Look at their disclosure sheets.

People who feign interest in the green belt are also the ones that complain about house prices. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #740513 14th Nov 2018 5:20pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
davew wrote:
What makes you think the video was/is banned ?

It wasn't technically banned - it just wasn't approved. It was produced by Greenpeace and therefore considered in law to be "by or on behalf of a body whose objects are wholly or mainly of a political nature". The head of Clearcast, who's job it is to approve adverts, made it clear that it was nothing to do with it's content.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46187070 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #740540 14th Nov 2018 8:03pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Post #740552 14th Nov 2018 8:38pm
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
That is pure gold Mick Thumbs Up
Post #740554 14th Nov 2018 8:45pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
custom90steve wrote:

couldn't agree more. round by us they're about to start building a few thousand home on green belt. that in itself is bad but they the roads, schools etc are already at breaking point....and yes you guessed it - no more schools planned and heaven only knows whats gonna happen to the bumper to bumper queues that already underway by 7.15am?
Post #740569 14th Nov 2018 9:43pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
custom90steve wrote:

What has this got to do with an advert about deforestation caused by palm oil farming fronted by a cartoon monkey?
Post #740576 14th Nov 2018 10:12pm
Slideywindows

England 
Or about a large Corporation getting maximum publicity for a single act of high profile "concern" for the environment, which they have already worked out won't actually cost them anything - but might get a lot of luvvies to switch to them from Waitrose?

Nope, nothing at all.
Post #740581 14th Nov 2018 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>