↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What a day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I know it's not the point and it's not a good photo either but was expecting to see more damage to the other car than there appears to be?

as before I hope it all gets sorted for you.
Post #738625 4th Nov 2018 7:15pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Gillan wrote:
Apparently she was only going 10-15 mph and the sun blinded her

Basically she was looking at her phone then... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #738635 4th Nov 2018 7:46pm
Gillan

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Alaska White
Hi Caterham those were my first thoughts exactly when I saw it and funny you should say she was on her phone Oslo blue one of the first things she said to me that her phone went flying
Post #738652 4th Nov 2018 8:32pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Speak to Matt Spencer at Carriages Auto Services Ltd, very well respected for Defender insurance repairs.

I can't seem to find Ecosse1 accident thread but see his comment in this thread.... https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62329.html James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #738654 4th Nov 2018 8:53pm
Slideywindows

England 
I know it is stereotyping to speak of women drivers but as soon as I saw the first photo, I thought "woman driver".

I speak from experience as I live on a bend and last summer a woman came right through my fence and laurel hedge and demolished my gate.

The tyre marks showed she just went straight and didn't even begin to turn her steering wheel.

No doubt the "sun was in her eyes" - but not in anyone else's eyes.... Whistle

The Police booked her for careless driving and made her attend one of those driving courses.

It took ages to get her insurers to to pay for my fence, gate and hedge replanting.

But patience is a virtue, it will come out alright in the end. Thumbs Up
Post #738687 4th Nov 2018 11:42pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Slidey- it took forever to get Jewson to pay for the damage to hedging and to fell two trees which were ring barked in the recovery process....No idea how you fall off a straight road, unless looking at the view, fiddling with a phone or similar.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I hope the OP gets the result he’s after. I’d advocate not letting anyone take the vehicle away - it can be assessed well enough at home.
Post #738702 5th Nov 2018 8:54am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
I can't see that a modern plastic car with crumple zones, ( and I think it looks like a Fiesta), would do that amount of damage to a steel cross member and all the other bits and bobs, at 'just' 10-15mph. Further, would the sun be low enough at 1500h in the afternoon for that to be a resonable excuse. As pointed out, I'd say most 'didn't see it' accidents will now be caused by phone use rather than lack of concentration. Gutted for you, as we all are. Rolling Eyes Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #738708 5th Nov 2018 9:10am
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Gillan wrote:
Hi Caterham those were my first thoughts exactly when I saw it and funny you should say she was on her phone Oslo blue one of the first things she said to me that her phone went flying

I only know this from previous experience, got T boned when a woman jumped the lights taking a selfie, she claimed she had “light in her eyes” despite facing north, on the foggiest most overcast day in November,

They caught her out by finding her social media, that and her phone was buried in the windshield... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #738710 5th Nov 2018 9:24am
Procta

United Kingdom 
What a pain in the arse that is Gillan, id be looking to see what a good body shop would say about that. Maybe they can straighten that out, and put a new cross member and rear panel in for you. Might worth going into as well as a replacement tub. Insurance will right anything off practically anything older than 5 years old now I think. but sometimes they just do it for ease. Coach works only get £50 to write a car off, They would rather get the insurers to cough up and repair cars. As they just like to take the money. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #738844 5th Nov 2018 8:16pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
OsloBlue wrote:
Gillan wrote:

I only know this from previous experience, got T boned when a woman jumped the lights taking a selfie, she claimed she had “light in her eyes” despite facing north, on the foggiest most overcast day in November,

They caught her out by finding her social media, that and her phone was buried in the windshield...

Laughing I bet she was red faced after that one Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #738846 5th Nov 2018 8:17pm
Gillan

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Alaska White

Click image to enlarge

Hi all thanks for everyones advice I'm still waiting for it to be assessed but at least I've got a hire van well sort off Rolling with laughter any way soon as I know any better I'll let everyone know what's happening Thumbs Up

Gillan
Post #739233 7th Nov 2018 7:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12