↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > What to check what to replace?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
churchy

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
What to check what to replace?!
Hi all,

Wagons been running rough again over last few weeks - struggles with start on cold mornings even with 2/3 warm up cycles , big puff of white smoke when it does but clears quickly and runs fine although a little lumpy once warmed up after a couple of miles, puffs black smoke when engine put under load but quickly clears.

I suspected a holey hose somewhere as the cause of the black puff of smoke and after a trip to the garage for a quick inspection today they confirm one of the intercooler hoses has a pin prick hole where its rubbed on the steering. I thought this might be the only cause of the puff of black smoke however they scanned it too and found fault codes leading to a duff EGR.
(I stupidly forgot to take the codes down).

I have no engine warning lights and EGR is still going through its cleaning cycle although I think this doesn’t necessarily mean its functioning properly?

Trouble is I replaced the EGR with genuine last November only 14k miles ago.

Going to replace the intercooler hose anyway and position it clear of the steering so should I go for this first and see if it cures all issue or do that and explore issues elsewhere?

Any advice welcome, he’s frustrating me at the mo but I’ll love him again next week!!!!!!!!
Churchy
Post #737654 30th Oct 2018 6:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1