↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > AIRCON TEMP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bundubasher

South Africa 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
AIRCON TEMP
My aircon sensor was faulty. Had it replaced because the system was freezing up. Temp at vents was -3 to -5 celsius. 26.6 F to 23 F Obviously ice formed in the sytem ie airflow drastically reduced and compressor stopped working. Now with the new sensor the temp at the vents is +9 to +13. 48 F to 55F. Ambient temp 23 to 25 celsius or 73 F to 77F. Should I take the vehicle to be checked or does this seem normal. Can I adjust the sensor ??

Thanks Anthony
Post #4776 18th Nov 2008 2:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
solmanic

Australia 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I have had mine repaired twice due to a faulty sensor and icing up. It appears to be working but I am also suspicious that it should be cooler than it is. I will check when I get the chance and report back but I would also like to hear from others who are confident that their A/C is working properly what temps they get at the vents. 2007 Defender 110
1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV
Post #4804 18th Nov 2008 11:55pm
dm_td5

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
Mine works fine. I haven't measured it empirically but comfort level is excellent. The daytime temperature where I live never gets below about 24C (and never below 15C overnight) and presently runs around 37C with very high humidity. The A/C... sorry... The Climate Control - according to the handbook Rolling Eyes - works fine with the conditions. 110 2.4TDCi
110 300Tdi

LROCV ::: AULRO.com
Post #4807 19th Nov 2008 8:03am
Bosun

2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Mmmm.., "climate control" assumes some sort of feedback and adjustment to maintain a set temperature. I don't think so! None the less, while not perfect, the A/C works better than the previous "knee chiller" system. At least you can mix hot and cold and have it all coming out of the same vents. And space in the passenger footwell. I've measured the vent outlet temps at around 3deg.C with an ambient of 23deg.C. Also, don't forget that humidity will have an effect on A/C performance.
Bosun.
Post #4808 19th Nov 2008 8:23am
Bundubasher

South Africa 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
I think that the problem with my aircon is that the compressor does not stay engaged long enough. It engages for 10secs then disengages for 10 secs and so forth. Bosun your aircon seems to be working very well.
Post #4815 19th Nov 2008 12:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dm_td5

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
I'll have to take a thermometer to mine one day and check the temperature. Like I said it works well in the 3 months I've had the Puma so I've never though any more of it.

I still laugh at the owner's handbooks calling it Climate Control Rolling with laughter Who let the marketing department loose in the documentation system. 110 2.4TDCi
110 300Tdi

LROCV ::: AULRO.com
Post #4816 19th Nov 2008 1:04pm
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
Bosun wrote:
Mmmm.., "climate control" assumes some sort of feedback and adjustment to maintain a set temperature.

To be fair... surely that would be 'automatic climate control'? Confused

Although I agree it's ambiguous - afterall whats the difference between Air Conditioning & Climate Control..?
I know this is very boring, yawn, but I'd say none. You use your AC to control your climate!
Therefore there's only Auto or Manual AC/CC.
Post #4821 19th Nov 2008 2:00pm
one_iota

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
dm_td5 wrote:

I still laugh at the owner's handbooks calling it Climate Control Rolling with laughter Who let the marketing department loose in the documentation system.

Compared with opening the flaps in the bulkhead it's climate control...and even compared with the AC on the earlier models its climate control...it's just that the driver now has to add some warmth to stop the front passenger from succumbing to exposure.

I am approaching the warm humid season here and it will be interesting to see how the AC copes. Derek at the steamy northern end of the continent more so....there is a lot of climate to control where he lives. Wink Mahn
'08 Defender 110
ex '95 Disco 300 Tdi
www.aulro.com
Post #4834 20th Nov 2008 9:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1