↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > not starting, cranks, all lights on the dash look ok.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
annette

Costa Rica 
not starting, cranks, all lights on the dash look ok.
I have searched high and low and can't really find a solution that would help

The electricity board left us with a 2011 130 that was seriously overheating. It has the newer immobilizer, not the 10 AS (wish it had)
Months later, after the mechanics had done their things, we found the oil cooler completely blocked and eventually got the ok to order an 'original ' in. It says Land Rover on the box, but it also says made in China.

The mechanics did their thing and called me when they wanted to start the Puma 1st time after 5 months. Battery was dead so I lent them my Disco 2 battery instead of the one of the ICE (electricity board). Cranked, albeit a bit sluggish. Charged it again. Cranks better.

Only it won't start. After the boss connected his recovery truck in the 27th attempt it started a minute then died. No helpful errors, only that the injectors nead reprogramming. Which requires the engine to start.

the glowplug light comes on. All gauges look ok.
yesterday the Iidtool told me the starter revs it up to 250 rpm.

I have gone into the VIM immobilizer section in the Iidtool and tried to turn of the immobilizer but IIdtool tells me 30% into the procedure that i is write only and won't do anything.

I can most of the time find a signal beween 5-6V at the injectors. Fuel is coming to the injectors
I have tried the remote and it works.

I have tried to reprogram the fob but it won't, anyway it opens the doors and shuts them so I assume it is ok.

only one more weird thing, as of today it only talks to the Hawkeye. Iidtool has gone on stike and does not see the High Speed bus, only the immobilizer. I suspect the plug.. Iidtool works fine in some other cars I've connected it to today.

What could it be? Neither engine ECU nor Instrument were changed. Fixing Land Rovers in rural Guanacaste
Post #729920 19th Sep 2018 4:02pm
annette

Costa Rica 
it was some obstruction and air in the low pressure fuel system.
Starting the car with two hoses from a big plastic jerry can full of diesel got it sorted.

So.. don't always suspect the immobilizer Fixing Land Rovers in rural Guanacaste

Last edited by annette on 21st Sep 2018 3:04pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #729987 19th Sep 2018 8:16pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Glad you got it sorted.
Post #730035 19th Sep 2018 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1