↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Falsely advertised 110 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Falsely advertised 110 V8
Take care. MOT test history shows correct miles and they are popping it up at 82k. Seem like nice chaps after I initially organised to see it and then spotted what I though was an error. Seems they are quite happy to fraudulently list.

Click image to enlarge
 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #718864 21st Jul 2018 7:58am
leeds

United Kingdom 
It pays to do your own research. On the DVLA site it is possible to check if a vehicle is taxed and/or MOT and the MOT history which often includes the mileage history. The check on the DVLA site is free and very easy to do.

Well spotted Familymad Thumbs Up

Brendan
Post #718871 21st Jul 2018 8:35am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Familymad, I thinking you're being a tad harsh. They've only reduced the mileage by 50,000 miles. What's a reduction of -40% (or four years of average mileage) between friends? And their customer service in reply to your post is of the highest order. Think you need to take a long hard look at yourself and quit the moaning Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #718891 21st Jul 2018 12:20pm
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
I’m really supprised these guys are still trading?

Been selling tat for years now, and getting away with it!
Same as Northwest Defenders, although you don’t hear about them so much now?. Shocked 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #718901 21st Jul 2018 12:59pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Grenadier wrote:
Familymad, I thinking you're being a tad harsh. They've only reduced the mileage by 50,000 miles. What's a reduction of -40% (or four years of average mileage) between friends? And their customer service in reply to your post is of the highest order. Think you need to take a long hard look at yourself and quit the moaning Whistle

Rossendale Land Rovers well what can you say! The gentleman I spoke to at the garage is very rude, arrogant, bad-tempered and foul-mouthed but in his defence, you have to understand that he is no doubt illiterate, mentally unstable, is no doubt a tourettes suffer and has a brain that is wired in a way that he cannot differentiate between the truth and a lie.

Also, pity must be metered out to him because the poor chap is selling a product namely Land Rovers that he knows absolutely nothing about, that alone must give the poor man stress levels beyond what a normal man could handle.

To make his life even more of a problem he has some form of myopia causing his vision to become confused with certain colours that he cannot see, unfortunately, these colours are all in the ochre to burnt umber spectrum which sadly for him are also the colours of rust, consequently because of this affliction he is accused of intentionally selling vehicles riddled with rust.

Secondly, buyers have to understand that he has absolutely no knowledge of anything remotely mechanical so it is not that he deliberately sells vehicles full of mechanical faults it is just that he has a zero awareness of such faults.

May I suggest that members on this forum when purchasing from this garage do so with the ethos of doing a charitable act for this unfortunate owner, rather than think they are going to buy a bargain or a mechanical sound vehicle, I am sure with the charitable act in mind you will feel a better person as you drive away in your overpriced unroadworthy shed. Laughing For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1

Last edited by gilarion on 21st Jul 2018 1:43pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #718905 21st Jul 2018 1:40pm
Paulv8

1989 Defender 90 V8 Petrol CSW Alpine White
I'd be pointing out to Land Rover that this company uses their name to trade and brings them into disrepute.

See how they like that bug. V8 90...WIP
Post #718906 21st Jul 2018 1:42pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Just a few feedback reviews for Rossendale Land Rovers taken from this forum there are many more...

I bought a 90 from them and have a lot of issues with it but still have had no reply from him

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but these people seem very poor and complete cowboys.
I've had a couple of dealings with them now and both times the owner was very rude and unprofessional, he prefers dealing with cash if he can get away with it. I'd stay well clear of buying anything from them, buyer beware.

Rossendale Landrover seemed more of a "Get them in and sell them quick" outfit.
They gave me the keys and let me wander around all the stock and start them up but I think that was because they knew nothing about them. Any questions I asked were met with blank faces, you only have to look at some of their adverts to see the facts they get wrong. They seem overpriced for what they sell.
They didn't do any work on them and are not enthusiasts.

Indeed and they use photos of other Defenders to advertise there for sale stock, not photos of the actual car for sale. Also, most of the so-called genuine CSWs are converted vans

Before we bought our 110 we went to look at a supposedly 'mint' late 300 TDI. Asked them specifically about whether it had been welded or tarted up- answer no.

The footwells looked like a patchwork quilt, the rear quarter of the chassis had been patched in multiple places, possibly by a blind man with no prior experience of using a welder and there was overspray all over it.

A day and a fair few quid of diesel wasted. Avoid!

Speak to anyone in the NW who know about the local dealers and these guys are a definite no-no. Generally overpriced tat. Avoid avoiding disappointment.

We looked last summer and can confirm other recent comments, I looked at one that had been done up and resprayed, looked under the mats to find a rusty floor. One I was considering had a history that failed to hold up under scrutiny.
Lots of stock but left feeling concern in the trust department.

The other was a down at heel garage where the owner just wanted to pick fault with my own vehicle that I wasn't part exchanging anyway. I expect dealers to highlight the faults but this bloke was very rude and unpleasant and I wouldn't buy off him no matter what he was selling. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #718908 21st Jul 2018 1:47pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
ian series 1 wrote:

Same as Northwest Defenders, although you don’t hear about them so much now?. Shocked

They have probably changed their name Ian. There are Two or three Land Rover garages in the Rossendale area, not heard a good word about them and yes I’m surprised any of them are still trading.
Post #718959 21st Jul 2018 5:50pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Some hilarious posts Rolling with laughter 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #718965 21st Jul 2018 6:25pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Even the eBay photo with the speedo shot in it shows the speedo with either 133xxx or 137xxx miles. Difficult to make out the exact mileage as the photo is quite blurred when zooming in.
Post #718978 21st Jul 2018 7:43pm
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
defender9 wrote:
ian series 1 wrote:

Same as Northwest Defenders, although you don’t hear about them so much now?. Shocked

They have probably changed their name Ian. There are Two or three Land Rover garages in the Rossendale area, not heard a good word about them and yes I’m surprised any of them are still trading.

Didn’t Northwest Defenders change their name to something overland,
Then wound the business up? 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #719009 21st Jul 2018 9:54pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
You might be right I think they may have changed their name a few times.
Post #719047 22nd Jul 2018 8:10am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
^^^ Extraordinary that in modern times legislation is still so lax that this can still be done by dodgy garages, builders, and other traders. Act unscrupulously (at best) if not criminally, take someone's cash, do a bad job or provide a bad service that might lead to heartache, offer no recompense, perhaps be fined by Trading Standards or be visited by Matt from Rogue Traders (or worse still Dom Littlewood) and then just change your name and start the process again Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #719049 22nd Jul 2018 8:20am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
All very worrying and also frustrating that people can still actually behave and trade like this without penalty or consequence.

I do wonder if they can actually sleep at night - the answer is probably yes as they simply don't care.

Thankfully there are some really decent, honest and nice people out there (and this forum proves that point to a great extent) Thumbs Up
Post #720218 29th Jul 2018 1:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1