↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Important Smartwater product security has been hacked
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Important Smartwater product security has been hacked
If you used the special offer to join Smartwater posted on this forum then be aware this happened today quite a bit worrying really

This is Smartwaters warning sent today as a warning to those who received what looked like a genuine email from Smartwater

Dear Recipient,

Your privacy is incredibly important to everyone who works at SmartWater and we’re dedicated to protecting your information.

Whilst we have sophisticated systems in place to prevent phishing and similar cyber-attacks, we regret to inform you that a security breach occurred and, as a result, my email account was briefly compromised.

You may have, earlier today, received an email purporting to be from myself, requesting that you ‘Review’ a document.

Please do not click this button or visit the link in question. If you have already done so and have proceeded to login to the link provided (see fake OneDrive page below), we strongly recommend that you change your password immediately and check that your security settings are up-to-date.

Thankfully this is an isolated incident, and no other SmartWater email accounts have been affected.

Furthermore, I can confirm that my email account has now been secured and normal service has been restored. Please note that if you receive any similar suspicious communications from myself or other contacts, please follow the advice above.

Please note, that this attack has only compromised my email account and has not affected SmartWater’s central customer record management, registration, financial, web admin and other core systems.

I would like to reassure you that steps have already been put into place to prevent a reoccurrence of this breach. If you have any specific concerns or general queries, please do not hesitate to contact me by reply of this email.

Yours sincerely
Suzanne Turner-Scheijen

Contracts Manager
SmartWater Ltd
www.smartwater.com
Tel: 0333 320 7797

________________________________________ For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #716270 5th Jul 2018 4:35pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Very sloppy admin! Shocked
Post #716276 5th Jul 2018 5:06pm
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
Thanks for the heads up gilarion. Thumbs Up 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #716306 5th Jul 2018 6:57pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Thanks for the heads up, not had the email yet though.

Credit to Smartwater for admiting the breach, many wouldn't. James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #716330 5th Jul 2018 8:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1