↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BIG THANKS TO ALIVE TUNING !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NCTT

United Kingdom 
BIG THANKS TO ALIVE TUNING !
well made the 3 1/2 hour trip to see alive tuning today and was it worth the drive !
wont bore you all with details but garry is top bloke who seriously knows his onions , basically im useless with computers and i would have seriously struggled to use the atric remap without visiting him.
came away with 2 great remaps , aswell as my factory fitting and he showed me how to use the system (always easier face to face )
so for anyone wanting to dip their toe in the remap pond and doesnt think they could handle the computer side go and see him , 2 hours start to finish and well pleased with the results.

the 2 companies i looked at were alive and bas , although bas just told me to look on their website and HAVE to do it myself i.e i couldnt visit them

and this isnt a plug its a genuinley happy customer
it was a very pleasant drive home Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post #60051 19th Feb 2011 7:14pm
Lorryman100

I got it delivered to my door and installed it onto the Landy with no problems. Totally agree with your comments on the service received from Gary at Alive tuning and will add my vote Thumbs Up
Post #60065 19th Feb 2011 8:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Brain, ordered mine at 4.30 last night the post man knocked me up at 7.30 this morning...now thats service Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #60066 19th Feb 2011 8:12pm
Lorryman100

fekete wrote:

the post man knocked me up at 7.30 this morning

Congratulations mate Thumbs Up when's the baby due? Whistle
Post #60067 19th Feb 2011 8:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

Whistle Laughing NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #60069 19th Feb 2011 8:19pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
It's already learn't a few moves by the look of it.....
Post #60085 19th Feb 2011 9:07pm
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Am tagging this onto a slightly older thread, rather than starting a new one.......

Wanted to add my thanks to Gary and the team at Alive Tuning following my round trip to Grimsby today to take them up on their recent td5 remap offer as mentioned on another thread.

I've noticed that tuning/remapping seems to be an emotive issue on this forum from time to time. I've got no previous personal experience of any form of engine remap/tune, however, it was very clear (to me at least) from reading numerous posts, that a bespoke remap from a reputable company was the way forward. I wanted to be telling the tuning company what I wanted, not just being told what I could have or just buy something off the shelf. Thumbs Up

Given my nervousness about significantly increasing engine stress, my requirements were limited to improved general drivability with reduced change downs particularly from 5th. MPG improvements were not a necessity but would be a welcome bonus. The over-rider though was to be gentle on the engine.

Granted I've only travelled about 200 miles since the map but I am absolutely delighted with the results. The power is delivered smoothly and consistently across the rev range and the pick up from lower speeds, particularly 5th is wonderful (very very useful for the daily commute). I can change up far sooner now and maintain good momentum. The engine tone is also smoother and significantly quieter. Will report on MPG in due course on the appropriate thread.

If distance to Grimsby and time permits, then spending the time with them test driving the map and then the subtle modifications to get it absolutely spot on is well worth it. Great bunch of decent, honest guys, that know their stuff. The cynic has been well and truly converted Bow down

As an aside, I have feeling that the power assisted clutch mod, as fitted to their ex show td5 90 could well be on the shopping list in the future Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #66715 8th Apr 2011 11:14pm
fekete

Party M, Happy days mate and welcome to the world of Alive Thumbs Up Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #66717 8th Apr 2011 11:53pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Lorryman100 wrote:
fekete wrote:

the post man knocked me up at 7.30 this morning

Congratulations mate Thumbs Up when's the baby due? Whistle

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #66724 9th Apr 2011 12:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1