↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Extended wheel arches- which ones?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
fordy103

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Zermatt Silver
Extended wheel arches- which ones?
Was just looking at extended arches as my tyres stick out a bit now, and was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions?
i need them extended by 1-2 inches really

was thinking about these
http://www.mm-4x4.com/defender----range-ro...3499-p.asp

Opinions?
Post #65846 1st Apr 2011 10:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5309.html NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #65905 1st Apr 2011 5:02pm
fordy103

they look good to be fair, however, they still wouldnt be any good for mine, as at the moment, when it articulates with the 305's on, it catches the arches really badly, so need to extend the whole arch so the tyre can go inside when articulated, if that makes sense !

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...mp;theater

you can kinda see how far the wheels go inside the arch, and thats with 265's fitted Big Cry

so yee, i think some wider arches and might have to cut some of the metal wings out aswell to stop it catching!

problem is i need a forlift or a really big rock to get it on full articulation!
Post #65909 1st Apr 2011 5:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
You will have to go with the big black plastic type they still look good i think Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #65910 1st Apr 2011 6:17pm
Lorryman100

fordy103 wrote:
they look good to be fair, however, they still wouldnt be any good for mine, as at the moment, when it articulates with the 305's on, it catches the arches really badly, so need to extend the whole arch so the tyre can go inside when articulated, if that makes sense !

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...mp;theater

you can kinda see how far the wheels go inside the arch, and thats with 265's fitted Big Cry

so yee, i think some wider arches and might have to cut some of the metal wings out aswell to stop it catching!

problem is i need a forlift or a really big rock to get it on full articulation!

Fordy, I have 305's on mine with standard L/R springs (2009 110 CSW XS) and they don't catch the wheel arches on full articulation. They are close but do clear. Fekete's option is smart as it looks standard and the fitting is hidden in the arch. The plastic ones involve drilling the wing to allow fixing, which means they are on for good. I have in the garage Old Man OME 2751 and 2755 springs to go on once I fit a roof rack and winch to compensate for the extra weight, maybe this route will save having to modify the wings and arches?
Post #65914 1st Apr 2011 6:37pm
fordy103

aye but ive got a challenge suspension kit fitted, so the articulation is a hell of a lot more than standard, so i think i need some drastic measure's to sort it. Ive already ripped a standard wheel arch off about a month ago with 265's fitted on a pay and play day.
So ye, bit stuck really, the obvious answer is to go for some QT services challenge arches, but they look S@$%^ in my opinion!
Post #65975 2nd Apr 2011 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1