↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Central Locking query
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Central Locking query
Some will already know that a couple of days ago I stripped the DC to discover what seems to be factory fitted CL. However it has never worked. I've found the 10AS alarm unit, although yet to take it out, and although I will be taking off the dash is there anything I should be looking for now? Checked the fuse, all good, door wiring seems in good nick, the box looks rust free and clean, photos attached. Are there any immediate checks I should be considering our should I just wait until the dash is off (this afternoon) and I have access to the Alarm ECU?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #706394 10th May 2018 12:20pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
When I first got the csw the central locking didn't work, I checked the fuse and the wiring but couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I even bought a new 10as box ready to swap in but thought I'd check everything again just Incase and this time I swapped the fuse and everything worked Embarassed the fuse had gone but it was just a hair line crack so I'd missed it. Don't know if this is your problem but worth changing just Incase. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #706417 10th May 2018 2:00pm
NickMc

Northern Ireland 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Have you tried checking for power with a test light at the motor?

There’s a lot of very poor fuses made in “that” country where all the “quality” parts come from. I try to buy the ones with the white lettering on them, the ones without seem to be suspect Thumbs Up
Post #706431 10th May 2018 3:05pm
Grenadier

Thank you both. Will double check. Dash removed now and looking at the box there seems to be a single loose wire. Any thoughts?

Click image to enlarge
 Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #706435 10th May 2018 3:22pm
NickMc

That’s the aerial for the box no need to panic, I know it looks strange but it’s genuine.

Do you have the pinout for yours? If you tell me the year I have one, you could work the wiring out and see.

Another thing is maybe someone has fitted the wrong 10AS and yours doesn’t have the locking relay in it? I’ve done a post on here before about retro fitting the relay into the non central locking box.

Last edited by NickMc on 10th May 2018 3:35pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #706436 10th May 2018 3:32pm
dorsetsmith

this the wire orange / slat gray if so its aerial wire
Post #706437 10th May 2018 3:32pm
NickMc

A quick google of the part number on your alarm box seems to be that it’s a version of the old “270” 10AS in which case you’ll need a different version of the 10AS or solder the relay in. Wonder if it’s been changed before with your intermittent non starting? Is this the car you fixed the clocks on?
Post #706438 10th May 2018 3:40pm
Grenadier

NickMc wrote:
That’s the aerial for the box no need to panic, I know it looks strange but it’s genuine.

Do you have the pinout for yours? If you tell me the year I have one, you could work the wiring out and see.

Another thing is maybe someone has fitted the wrong 10AS and yours doesn’t have the locking relay in it? I’ve done a post on here before about retro fitting the relay into the non central locking box.

Must say that it all looks very 'factory fit' to me. And if not, a LR retro fit. I saw your post on retro fitting. Will open the box and take a peak inside once I've looked at the fuses again. Out of interest, how many fuses for the CL? I've seen two key logos, one under the seat, one under the dash. Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #706439 10th May 2018 3:42pm
Grenadier

NickMc wrote:
A quick google of the part number on your alarm box seems to be that it’s a version of the old “270” 10AS in which case you’ll need a different version of the 10AS or solder the relay in. Wonder if it’s been changed before with your intermittent non starting? Is this the car you fixed the clocks on?

The intermittent start was a loose wire to a kill switch by the battery. I think whomever had this DC before the stealer did quite a bit of very amateur DIY now that I'm under the skin. Some very patchy wiring repairs hidden behind trim, tucked away under the bonnet wings etc. Might go to my local Defender nut and get him to do a full wiring diagnostic and tidy things up a bit. Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #706440 10th May 2018 3:45pm
NickMc

Sorry I’ve confused you with another guy on here! Confused I would say someone has swapped the box, due to a failure and that version is cheaper or retrofitted the central locking and couldn’t get it to work because of the wrong 10AS and given up.

Fixing poor wiring repairs to Defenders..sounds like my life everyday Laughing Get the wire cutters out!
Post #706442 10th May 2018 3:49pm
dorsetsmith

Grenadier wrote:
NickMc wrote:

Must say that it all looks very 'factory fit' to me. And if not, a LR retro fit. I saw your post on retro fitting. Will open the box and take a peak inside once I've looked at the fuses again. Out of interest, how many fuses for the CL? I've seen two key logos, one under the seat, one under the dash.

if you are still have trouble with your 10AS give link below try

https://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk/la...-services/
Post #706446 10th May 2018 4:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1