↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Accomodation to overlanders.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
Accomodation to overlanders.
We're converting part of our home to house foreign students to the UK over the summer, however we have decided to also turn it into a rest stop area for anyone overlanding through the UK or who maybe on a camping venture and want a roof over their head for the night without having to book into a hotel or specific lodge.

We're also making it available for anyone travelling through the Uk, maybe on their way down to Cornwall.

We are looking at short term availability, 1 or 2 nights to get yourselves re freshed for the journey ahead and we are approximately 45 minutes from Plymouth and at the start of the M5 motorway.

If you're travelling via ferry from France/Spain into the UK we will be a good stopping point before you head up country.

The seperate part of the house has a shared ( with me! ) garage with some basic tools for minor repairs or servicing but it's a limited height garage so roof racked Landy's wont get access, but you can get the nose in!.
Secure parking is off the road and up a track,( we are quite isolated and safe ). There is a kitchen area with washing machine/tumble dryier, cooker, microwave, kettle etc, en suite double room and lounge with ability to turn into a second bedroom should more than 4 people need to stop over. The views from the lounge are superb;

Click image to enlarge

There is a wooded area with a fire pit that we use a fair amount in the summer time, you are more than welcome to join us, but be aware we have 6 horses and 3 dogs roaming free on our land most of the time!

We're not a hotel, nor a B&B, just people with extra room and amenities who are opening it up for those who need it from the overland/adventurer community outside of our commitment to the student accomodation times.

Completion is June and we'll be taking bookings from the beginning of May

Price will be £40 a night and no more than 2 nights, this will include everything ( ie water and electric ) and a 240v hook up will be available for charging vehicle amenities etc as well as use of the washing facilities, cooker and clean linen Wink

Location is Marldon, Devon https://goo.gl/maps/gCv6x4Lxi582

By May the website will be up n running but if you're interested drop me a PM and i'll answer any questions you may have.

We have both riden bikes most of our lives but now we're on our 3rd defender and we are open to any 2 or 4 wheel travellers Very Happy

Cheers
Post #693869 16th Mar 2018 8:56pm
chinney

England 2001 Defender 110 Td5 HT Coniston Green
Good idea very nice and good luck !
Post #697066 29th Mar 2018 8:35pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Wooded area with fire pit sounds right up my street! And that view is stunning.

I look forward to seeing the website.

How does this differ from a B&B? Is it a planning issue? Just curious as it sounds an interesting venture. James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #697113 30th Mar 2018 7:15am
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
Think of it more as a pit stop than a B&B.

We only have people stoppin for a day or 2, enough to wash clothing, fix/service vehicles, get a comfy nights sleep, cook your own meal etc. After biking abroad a few times we've visited these type of homes all over the place and they're very welcoming after roughing it for a few weeks! Wink As it's part of our house you get to meet the dogs, horses and ourselves as we go about our daily work, but you are fully self contained in your own part of the house.

We are happy for people to visit us and stay for a night as well even if they're not overlanding, it's a beautiful part of Devon with Dartmoor just up the road ( view of haytor from the lounge ).

The summer brings the woodland fire gatherings and it's a great time to visit, lots of food, alcohol and a short stumble through the field to your bed Wink
Post #697292 30th Mar 2018 7:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1