↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Replaced entire braking system - 3 amigos remain!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jrharte

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
V8GPC wrote:
looks like you need a few wiring mods; no resistors

www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/2009/10/in...tdi300tdi/
Shows some nice pin outs with colours. (may vary on earlier models, but you can normally work out the pin numbers from the back.

Small plug is the 16 pin reference. Pin 10 link to pin 6 will switch off the ABS light
Same plug link Pin 13 to pin 9 to switch off brake light fault.

Then take same plug pin 14 and connect to break level switch (its driven by connecting to ground); also comes on with handbrake switch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEFENDER-TD5-In...5HS5kveUPA

spare plugs and pins

Awesome, thanks. Will get this done at the weekend.

It looks like on the wiring diagram TC only has a wire fitted on ABS models. So I'm free to just cut this wire and cover the end up?

And ABS models have pin 14 connected to brake level switch already, so I don't have anything to do there?

All I'm doing is pin 13 to 9 and pin 10 to 6? And then cut the TC wire at pin16 to turn off that lamp?

Click image to enlarge
Post #686547 14th Feb 2018 11:34am
V8GPC

United Kingdom 
looking at the diagram the TC light is controlled by the ECU. If you don't have the ECU it shouldn't drive the LED; and will be an open wire somewhere at the other end already.

Its a ground (negative) trigger signal to switch on the LED. Don't cut it and see what happens. I think it should be ok.

If it does still light; cut it and see (its not going to cause a problem or a short; if it connected to + light stays off, if it connects to - light goes on.) just tape or heat sleeve both ends.

I've installed these in 300tdi and just didn't use some of the LEDs and had no wires or connections without a problem.

You'll get away with pushing wires into the plug to test and make them permanent later.
Post #686601 14th Feb 2018 4:38pm
jrharte

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
Pins / connectors arrived from eBay yesterday. Jumped both ABS Light and Brake light, disconnected the ABS ECU and now all 3 lights are off. Very Happy

Thanks everyone.

Brake warning light doesn't come on in the start up sequence, I'm not worried, but is it supposed to?
Post #688411 23rd Feb 2018 12:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12