↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > SUP buying advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
SUP buying advice
Hi I've recently taken up stand up paddle boarding and so far have been hiring them but I've decided i am going to buy one and was wandering if any of the members have any advice regarding makes to go for, it has to be inflatable as i dont want to fit a roof rack or bars as all 3 cars are small,the one Ive been looking at with interest is Jobe Duna 11'6 which seems to have had good reviews it will be used mainly on Lake Bala and wimbleball Lake any advice would be great please Thumbs Up Many Thanks Paul
Post #801051 6th Nov 2019 5:27pm
AlpinistG

Scotland 
Hi I know a bit about this as I am an avid SUP er and a BCU Paddlesport leader. My advice is RED...the quality is excellent I have three of their boards and they are brilliant. McConks also get good reviews at a lower price point, I have a McConks paddle which is great but I haven't tried their boards.
I have nothing to do with RED or any other company but I have had RED boards for years now and they have never let me down ( Pun intended), they are expensive but you get what you pay for.
Also give thought to type of board...gen purpose , tourer etc and how you plan to use it ( surf , touring etc)

pm me if you need any other advice
happy paddling
Post #801075 6th Nov 2019 7:15pm
keith

Scotland 
Iv been a canoeist for 40 yrs and the kids'n Missus are big water sports enthusiasts. Iv just moved next to Dunbar and there is a water sports centre here. The missus has taken up paddle boarding recently and we about to buy also. The good news is that the paddle board has a Velcro seat option that allows the boarder to sit down and paddle as a canoe.

Keith
Post #801081 6th Nov 2019 7:35pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
We’ve a Jobe that has been great.
Post #801083 6th Nov 2019 7:54pm
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi Thank you for the responses AlpinistG i will have a look at these as well, Keith i had seen the seat attachment and thought it was a good idea as well, Huttopia that's good to hear as I've set myself a budget and they do appear to have good reviews where have you use'd yours ie River Lake or Sea or a mix.
I'm not going to rush in to it so will definitely look at the above suggestions as well Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #801154 7th Nov 2019 8:59am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Used mostly in and around Salcombe. The kids cross front the town to the beaches and then arse about on it all day. Standard.
Post #801157 7th Nov 2019 9:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1