↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > here she is
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 25 of 26 <123 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
razz wrote:
So this evening was spent laying under the beast , I took the exhaust off for more space and cut a hole where the chassis had burst from in to out . I could see straight away that although I flush the chassis out after every pit run an old piece of chassis from a previous repair had fell to bottom of the chassis creating a dam and where this dam was and all the Censored , it sat wet and rotted through . After the photo was taken , out came the hose and a real good flush of the chassis took place . I will make the hole a lot bigger as there are a couple of pit run damage patches in the area . Got plenty of 2.5mm steel ready to be cut and shaped . Welding time is here again 👍🏻

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hope you had a good one Razz, me and my dad had to fix a MOT repair that was fixed a couple of years ago, All the he had done was weld a patch over a hole, and that was it, It just rotted back out again. i had spotted it when we were doing another job, My dad said right and got to work. I ordered off some sheet metal, so my dad could make a patch up from scratch. Took us a days work after i ordered in some stuff, just to make the job better. Turned out to be a better repair than what was there. The lad had not even cleared the chassis out, he did the same trick to my old 300 TDI, and that came about when the MOT tester clocked his work. The MOT tester ended up repairing it himself. Cost me £600 did it not at the time, Now since i have my welder back up and running, i can save my self a fortune. I may buy a better welder tbh. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #935833 1st Jan 2022 2:34am
razz

2001 Defender 90 Td5 PU Caledonian Blue
Hello Procta , yep all good thank you , didnt the hols fly by ? i wish i had a better welder , it would make life so much easier , but i`ll keep repairing as long as it takes , i would love a new chassis , but that`s well out of my finance reach for ever i recon , i`m looking forward to getting her back , i work 6 days a week and saturdays will be dedicated to using the defender , i suspect the diesel is a year old in the tank , so need to get it used and replaced with fresh , she drinks alot with the special tracks on , so wont take long , AND i have just twigged that i live much closer to an off road woods , i have been there once a long time ago ,did a lot of damage too , so not entirely sure it will be worth it but we shall see . stay safe
Post #935923 1st Jan 2022 8:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah the hols do fly don't they i don't think the uk as enough bank hols etc. Thumbs Up
6 day weekers are not fun at all, you got to watch old fuel as that can cause injector problems, but i recon if you put a bottle of redex in or some decent stuff, it shouldn't be a bother.
My dad dreams of a new chassis on his 200 TDI, he is retired now so that could be one step too far now sadly. I bought him his last upgrade but that has un earthed more trouble sadly. Sad
I am not even sure i can even afford to put a chassis on mine, i am trying to save for a place, but again work for me can be hit and miss shift wise. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #935941 2nd Jan 2022 3:51am
L110CDL

England 
Good to hear the news with the 90 razz, happy new year to you Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #936187 3rd Jan 2022 9:30pm
razz

Hello lads , defender is back , had a good run around Norfolk too , forgot me ear defenders , so a tad deaf when I got home . She started instantly and ran great , will get the diesel used up and then treat her to some expensive diesel and basically , get her used . Love it

Click image to enlarge
Post #936820 8th Jan 2022 1:53pm
L110CDL

England 
All good news there razz, will look forward to the loads of updates and pic's now she will be used more Wink Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #937140 10th Jan 2022 10:14pm
razz

Hello there , she’s been out again Thumbs Up am flying thru the old diesel as she never did do many to the gallon , got a shell nearby , think I’ll try that after payday , looking for somewhere to go off roading too Bow down

Click image to enlarge
Post #937844 15th Jan 2022 3:27pm
razz

I have now removed the snorkel as not required , I made a plate to cover the hole , but have lost it , so will make another
Post #937845 15th Jan 2022 3:29pm
L110CDL

England 
Nice your using her to get the old diesel gone and she will fly along once you have put the fresh diesel in Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #938091 17th Jan 2022 9:10pm
razz

Back out again on work duties , one more run and it’s fuel time , have removed the raised air intake , she has been transformed , so much better to drive and in two weeks time , I’m going off roading , got a place 10 mins from my new home . Had forgot about it to be honest , been once , lots n lots of damage due to trees , hills n mud . Pics on the day to come as taking friends so they can have the keys and I can watch n take photos

Click image to enlarge
Post #940012 29th Jan 2022 1:02pm
razz

Click image to enlarge
Post #940089 29th Jan 2022 9:57pm
L110CDL

England 
Nice pic's there razz Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #940427 31st Jan 2022 9:43pm
razz

cheers fella Thumbs Up

well she has been to the petrol station at last Thumbs Up and filled with BP ultimate , 176 a litre , eek , but it has been a year or so since the last visit . i had a groaning steering pump this morning , its running very low , so got some fluid on the way , fitted a new air filter too , not needed , just a treat , have spotted shes flinging oil from somewhere under bonnet , at the front , so plumbing for the front cam seal as its engine oil for sure , and it could have gone hard from sitting , so got one of those coming too . one week till off road time Very Happy please note yellow gaffa tape covering the wing hole Wink

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #941087 5th Feb 2022 12:08pm
razz

A brilliant off road Sunday morning , it’s been 4 years since I been to this woods , it’s very rough and very hard on the truck , only damaged was the front bumper , had an hour with my pressure washer , the mud was so thick , what a great bit of kit it really is

Click image to enlarge
Post #942307 13th Feb 2022 2:47pm
razz

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #942308 13th Feb 2022 2:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 25 of 26 <123 ... 242526>