Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > If you go to Northern ireland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
If you go to Northern ireland
We are halfway through our half term hols in NI
I can heartily recommend Castle Archdale Caravan site in Fermanagh. In the middle of a forest, on the shores of Lough Erne, great forest walks, cycling trails etc, this is our second visit here. If you have a boat bring it along. if your kids want shops then Eniskillen is nearby, Omagh is about 40 mins but (for us) the main attraction was Derry, Londonderry whatever you want to call it. Having lived in Ireland for 11 years I have to say Derry is THE coolest city in the whole island of Ireland. We all watched the news bulletins in the 70s and 80s but after the tragedies of recent history it has emerged as a proud, beautiful, vibrant city with an attitude of positivity that is quite moving. So if you plan to visit this, oft negatively portrayed part of the UK, then get yourselves here ! Its truly amazing !

Post #661470 2nd Nov 2017 7:27pm
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
I was over in Norn Iron last weekend for a mates wedding vows renewal, and a 'reunion' from the time I used to travel around Belfast in Land Rovers coated with makrolon in the early 80's......

Anyway, Belfast is another cracking city to add to the list, and all of the coast line is stunning too. Its a very underrated place and as you say, well worth a visit. Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #661485 2nd Nov 2017 8:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1