↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > TD5 went past me at 100mph!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
BIGFOG

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
bm52 wrote:
BIGFOG wrote:
Interesting BM, possibly a 90 feels quite different to a 110 at speed, mine (110) feels solid as a rock at 70, 80 +.
Plus there are a plethora of different suspension set ups, many of which would never have been developed with high speed motorway cruising in mind!!

out of interest what suspension set up have you got?

i have standard springs, Tuffback dampers at the rear and this weekend i'm fitting Koni's on the front. all aimed at a smoother ride. if i like the Koni's i might fit them on the rear as well.

My suspension is standard factory fit 110 Utility spec, which is maybe a little firmer than standard and handles very nicely on the roads.
Post #62164 4th Mar 2011 12:01am
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
BIGFOG wrote:
Fair shout BM, I've probably done similar motorway miles in my time, certainly the defender is not the best when at cornering limits and yes Ive seen the rollover photos which do make you wonder about purchasing a full roll cage - but I still love zooming past a BMW 'soft roader' at silly speeds!!

you probably know River Hill going up from the Weald roundabout to Sevenoaks.......caught a few supposedly quick cars up that hill in the dual lane bit, and then sweeping past them up round the bends. don't you just love torque Laughing BM52
Post #62166 4th Mar 2011 12:05am
BIGFOG

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Know it very well, lovely bends for zooming - and then a pleasant stroll round Knole! Bags of torque on board!! Yes I love it!!! Twisted Evil
Post #62171 4th Mar 2011 12:14am
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
party monkey wrote:
T1G UP wrote:
party monkey wrote:
bm52 wrote:
call me a wimp but i'm not sure i'd want to do 100 in a Defender............. Shocked

x2

My mates got an old 90 with the same 3.9V8 lump+Auto box that I had in my old Disco. That will happily sit at 90 in a straight line. God help you when you wanna slow down quickly though....... Not a nice place to be..... 10 minutes as a passenger in his is all I need to remind me to be gentle in mine.

Dunno what it's like in a PUMA but at much over 65-70 in a stock Td5 all you can hear is .....

'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'

Perhaps a rather cunning safety feature.... take your foot off the gas or your ears will bleed!

disco transfer box next then eh!

Yep - could well be..... Am already kicking myself for flogging my old V8 disco.... and... what's worse... to see the dude that bought it posting pictures of all the offroad fun he's having with it on Landyzone.....

Go on make my evening.... I guess it would have been dead easy to put the Disco TB in mine wouldn't it ???

I am such a c*ck for selling that disco Sad

going rate for a 300 disco TB is about £75-100....get one and fit it. i got mine primed and ready.
Post #62233 4th Mar 2011 3:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12