Home > Off Topic > Transport Scotland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Transport Scotland
RANT (& Question)

Do you recon you could sue transport scotland for picking up 20,000 miles worth of damage and wear, in the 2000miles of driving their third world roads (by third world i mean potholes, loose surface and cheap grit (against salt).

Having washed and clean my the defender before we left and the same just after we came back...its clearly aged it as above Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

seriously...im not going to mention what i expect for £430 road tax Mike
Post #60182 20th Feb 2011 3:43pm
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
try living up here and driving these third world roads every day!

But yes I agree with you, what are we really paying for? Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #60185 20th Feb 2011 3:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

BigRuss wrote:
try living up here and driving these third world roads every day!

But yes I agree with you, what are we really paying for?

True, and i feel for you guys. Lovely part of the world if you stay in your house and fly in!

When we drove through glasgow, we could see the cobbled streets below some potholes...to put into perspective thats through the entire tarmac layer. i would hate to drive a car, i would probably need 2 new front wheels AND a respray!

On Chips, I know some of its to do with the wisper of paint LR now apply...but come on loose surfaces, grit not salt etc etc,

Im still not amused, £430 road tax, someone should drive infront from TforS and sweep the road and at least stop the traffic to allow you to avoid the canyon in the road...if i want to engage low and go off road - ill find a pay and play site Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Mike
Post #60186 20th Feb 2011 3:56pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
When I bent an alloy wheel on a previous car from a pot hole I found out the following:

You can claim for the damages incured only if the pot hole has already been reported.

If you bend an alloy (like I did) and it costs £500 to replace (alloy, tyre, and suspension alignment), you complain and as I did no-doubt they will come back saying 'Thanks for reporting it we will look into it'..... Thanks a bunch Rolling Eyes

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #60187 20th Feb 2011 4:01pm
Lorryman100

Glasgow is a disgrace when it comes to potholes! So much so the local paper The Evening Times, started a shaming campaign against the council. All it did was to get the roads highlighted in the campaign fixed at the expense of others. As a side note did you see any abandoned cars in some of the potholes Whistle
Post #60197 20th Feb 2011 4:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
daviec1

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Bonatti Grey
Living in Ayrshire I (fortunately) do not have to go up to Glasgow very often.

However, went twice in a week about 10 days ago.

And if it were not for the Landy, I would still be in a 2' x 1' x 18" deep elephant trap near Shields Road.

To those who have suffered damage - write to the council concerned quoting their statutory obligations to maintain the "Queen's Highway" (that is the crucial phrase).

If the pothole was on a side road, they might trot out the "we did not know", but if it is at a major junction, then they will know.

And in any case, under Scots Law, ignorance is no defense, 2001 TD5 110 DCPU in Bonatti Grey
Post #60201 20th Feb 2011 5:12pm
mse

Lorryman100 wrote:
Glasgow is a disgrace when it comes to potholes! So much so the local paper The Evening Times, started a shaming campaign against the council. All it did was to get the roads highlighted in the campaign fixed at the expense of others. As a side note did you see any abandoned cars in some of the potholes Whistle

No...but maybe thats because of the number of traffic wardens we saw!

Some of the locals where we were staying said the Highland Council have said they flatly cant afford to resurface the roads Shocked which means in their book, they wont see a resufrace in the next 5 years minimum...i cant see how that would continue, some are falling appart Mike
Post #60202 20th Feb 2011 5:13pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
You wouldn't believe it but it's the same for Surrey. As soon as you come off the M25 you might as well be on farm tracks. It's a patch work of old road works and repairs on top of old repairs with bloody big pot holes in between! Surrey is renowned for it's poor roads, we couldn't beleive it when we first moved into the area. Local tyre companies make a mint! They all have Landrovers, buggies, Holdens, Jeeps Laughing Eh Andy Whistle

They have just announced they are going to spend millions doing up the roads for the Olympics cycle race in this area Rolling Eyes
Post #60225 20th Feb 2011 7:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1