↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Oil pump failure Q421 recall
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Timcat

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
Just a bit, was having nightmares about getting it done in Spain!
Post #921796 17th Sep 2021 11:15am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Timcat wrote:
Update, wasn’t 100% satisfied so phoned the dealers we purchase it from & yes it needed doing and has already been done.

Not mistrusting the dealer but....Given the service records are centralised and online how come LR could not see that it had been done, yet the dealer said it had been? Especially if it had been done as part of a recall. I’m sure a non Lr dealer can update the service history on line if they did it themselves at their cost. So I would ask for proof that it has been done , ie a copy of the documentation. If it was done under a recall they also use a new sump pan, well they did on mine, so a sump pan that looks newer than would be expected from the age of your vehicle is a good indicator it’s been done.
Post #921806 17th Sep 2021 12:30pm
Timcat

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
1st call was to listers who were the last dealership to look after it ( extended warranty) & they said there were no recalls required on the vehicle but couldn’t tell me anything else. They have been absolutely rubbish when we used them.
2nd call was to the dealership we actually bought it from who after about 10 mins told us that it needed doing & had been done by them.
I’m now confident that it’s been done as it’s been serviced & looked after by Landrover from 2012-2017 & is up to date with recalls. Plus I’ve emailed the dealership who we bought it from & asked for proof of the work done ( just what & when)
As for the sump it’s not in the best condition & she’s used extensively off road.
Post #921836 17th Sep 2021 5:31pm
Julie

France 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
If you want to sell your car in future, others will be able to check the service history on the JLR website

Since recalls are safety issues, people might take open recalls into account while thinking about the deal
Post #923260 28th Sep 2021 8:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12