↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > HELP.. Oil all over the place!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Thumbs Up One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #57605 8th Feb 2011 1:21am
Lorryman100

Sweep, this is a recorded fault with 2007 Pumas and a tech bulletin was issued ref repair. Personally I would be asking Land rover to repair this fault for Gratis as a good will gesture as it was at the time for everyone in warranty. The fact that you are just out of warranty shouldn't mean you have to pay for repair of a known weakness just because you where lucky/unlucky enough for it not to happen whilst in warranty! And if it was replaced whilst in warranty, again it was a substandard part and the above would still apply. IMHO that is Whistle
Post #57657 8th Feb 2011 11:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
G4sweep

Germany 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
To All

Many thanks for all the replies. I have had the AA dude out this morning to get the ball rolling for my breakdown repair cover i have with AA. It was semi confirmed by AA dude and then confirmed by Marshalls LR Stealers in Cambridge that it was as you all pointed out the VACUM PUMP. It has only cost me 25 quid excess with the breakdown cover Whistle , but overall bill was 185 quid so i'm happy with that. I did try with LR customer services to get the good will gesture sorted as its only 3 months out of warranty but to no avail as they say being a G4 wagon it wasn't realeased with the remaining 3 years vehicle warranty, this i'm going to check up on, on the G4 Owners Club Forum as im sure i read a chaps post with the same vehicle as me getting the remaining years warranty sent to him by LR after he bought his 110 USW. LR customer services did tell me my vehicle was outside the vin range for the dodgy vacum pump??!! emm..... oh well.

Many thanks again for all the responses from you all. It helped in the quick diagnosis and repair.

Legends Thumbs Up Bow down

Club; Vacum pump replacement. Sweep
2.2 110 XS SW

----------------------------
Gone;
08 D3 XS
BN55 WPV G4 4.4V8 D3.
O7 G4 Mongolian Recce 110 USW
Post #57752 8th Feb 2011 7:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12