↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > more than 50% insurance increase!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
JR

Scotland 1984 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Coniston Green
I've been with NFU Mutual for 33 years, you'll have seen their adverts and in my experience they are better than that.

I have always had highly modified cars with them, initially a variety of rally cars and now my 90 since 2000 and they haven't batted an eyelid even with engine changes so long as they have had a full list of mods!

They have never, ever quibbled with a claim, in fact with a £10k burst pipe problem 20 years ago they went with the most expensive quote and then added to it during the repair!

I've also had a few claims against others over the years and they have happily acted as my intermediary and secured a very acceptable outcome on my behalf.

They might not be the cheapest but I only go elsewhere if they don't cover what I need, such as my Disco2 which I use for my Off Road Training business (they'll do it in England but not in Scotland!). I would advise however, that you go to your local NFU Area Office/Agent rather than their call centre as the Area Agents seam more willing to look outside the box for solutions!

And Lastly, in common with most insurers NFU are very reluctant to give Off Road cover unless you are working your own land and I guess I can understand that albeit reluctantly!
Post #621587 4th May 2017 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12