↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Anybody used PP Cages in the UK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
landydubai

United Arab Emirates 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Steve

If you think that sending this type of finish halfway round the world and then washing your hands of the problem is acceptable practice because some had decided to expand their business ......I don't

So far all that I can confirm is that they are thieves taking money on false account and it appears so far everyone has had problems of some kind with PP CAges

I am trying to protect other forum members from being ripped off Exclamation perhaps I should keep my gob shut and let them continue to trade this crap in the market Shocked LandyDubai
Keep the shiny side up!

09 110 XS BAS remap
09 90 pick up BAS remap
08 D3 V8 G4 Spec
Bentley Speed GT 2009
G55 2003
Ford Raptor 2010 - new toy!
Post #56791 4th Feb 2011 9:02pm
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
No No, I didn't say you shouldn't voice your concerns. You prompted me to speak out didn't you. And I feel your pain as it is truly a poor job made worse by your geographical position. Sorry I offended you.

Steve
Post #56793 4th Feb 2011 9:26pm
lrdxb110

United Arab Emirates 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
faaaarrrkk! Shocked landydubai you must get some sort of compensation off them! You spent approx 14K AED, you must get in touch with trading standards in the UK! '08 LR Defender 110
'08 Mini Cooper S - Sidewalk
'86 MB 500 SL
'79 MB 450SEL 6.9
Post #56800 4th Feb 2011 10:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Steve B wrote:
Hi,

I have a P+P Cage, I think you are giving them a hard time on a forum.

Unfortunately yes I had problems too, the cage had to be completely replaced due to poor alignment and the diagonal on the internal cage being wrong despite me filling out their pre-order sheet and stating which way I wanted it. They initially said this was not a problem!! TIP: I luckily pre-assembled everything in the garage before attempting to fit.

I will however stick up for them as they were easy to deal with, all problems were sorted in a timely and efficient manner and I would use them again. Surely they cannot screw everything up, there must be many many happy customers who never had a problem.

Hopefully they will read this and put into place some quality systems to avoid disappointing customers. My guess is that they have expanded quicker than they would have liked and over stretched themselves.

Steve

Steve there is no excuse for bad workmanship......that is not just slightly bad it's disgusting...and if that was me running that business it would not pass and sent half way round the world for a customer to except ? NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY

Last edited by fekete on 5th Feb 2011 12:26am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #56806 4th Feb 2011 10:40pm
pom

Glynparry25 wrote:
Well, I ordered my snorkel in September got told it will take 4 weeks to manufacture and deliver.... I got it just before Christmas and this is what I got:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

From the 2 pictures you can see that it doesn't even follow close to the shape of the cage or the Land Rover windscreen frame

Click image to enlarge

Thois is the bit I couldn't belive... they didn't paint the inside of it so it will rust from the inside out, and there was clumps of swarf which would have been sucked straight down to the vehicle filter!!

When you pay £230 for a snorkel you expect something special, not this!

Glyn Dog Sheep

Bloody hell I didn't know you could get wood burners for the puma!

Pom

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #56807 4th Feb 2011 10:48pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Merlin wrote:
You're absolutely right, it was the annual trip with the Herts, beds and Cambs Land Rover club to Derbyshire. I don’t know what the lane is called but it is North East of Chapel-en-le-Frith, and to the west of Chapel Gate. It goes over the Cowburn Tunnel.

Merlin

Yeah I know it. I was there two weekends ago Thumbs Up

I love that lane actually, one of my favourites, it's the big drop that makes it. If you get the chance, try it the other way as apparently the council is soon to put a one way TRO on it (ie down only)
Post #56808 4th Feb 2011 10:55pm
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
fekete wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Hi,

I have a P+P Cage, I think you are giving them a hard time on a forum.

Unfortunately yes I had problems too, the cage had to be completely replaced due to poor alignment and the diagonal on the internal cage being wrong despite me filling out their pre-order sheet and stating which way I wanted it. They initially said this was not a problem!! TIP: I luckily pre-assembled everything in the garage before attempting to fit.

I will however stick up for them as they were easy to deal with, all problems were sorted in a timely and efficient manner and I would use them again. Surely they cannot screw everything up, there must be many many happy customers who never had a problem.

Hopefully they will read this and put into place some quality systems to avoid disappointing customers. My guess is that they have expanded quicker than they would have liked and over stretched themselves.

Steve

Steve there is no excuse for bad workmanship......that is not just slightly bad it's disgusting...and if that was me running that business it would not pass and sent half way round the world for a customer to except ?

Totally agree. how they could describe them as slightly rippled is beyond me.

Maybe when inspecting mine they should have said it was slightly mis-aligned.

I am too soft Sad but is was all sorted.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #56878 5th Feb 2011 11:30am
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
So far there are 3 people on this forum who have ordered from them and all 3 have had problems of some sort..... what does that say?

If they spent 10 mins more on the origional product they wouls save hours on the after service care.

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #56879 5th Feb 2011 11:35am
jerseyman

In the last photo of the SD cage, the finish and welding doesn't look too great either?

Not quite like that PP one of course I can't fathom out how anyone would send it out like that.
Post #56882 5th Feb 2011 11:47am
landydubai

United Arab Emirates 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
So far PP Cages are happy with the quality they shipped to Dubai and expect all you would be clients to accept the same. Shocked Shocked Shocked Are they going out of business ? LandyDubai
Keep the shiny side up!

09 110 XS BAS remap
09 90 pick up BAS remap
08 D3 V8 G4 Spec
Bentley Speed GT 2009
G55 2003
Ford Raptor 2010 - new toy!
Post #56949 5th Feb 2011 6:52pm
Glynparry25

jerseyman wrote:
In the last photo of the SD cage, the finish and welding doesn't look too great either?

Not quite like that PP one of course I can't fathom out how anyone would send it out like that.

I agree it isn't perfect,

But if you look at this tread..... The SD cage is over £300 cheaper than the PPC and after looking at the fitting, they are a higher quality with better fixing points and the way it passes through the bodywork it doesn't put any stress on it unlike the PPC.

Since whee did paying more result in poor quality?

Glyn Dog Sheep

*EDIT* I also got huge discount on mine because of a contact and involvments in certain charities meaning I paid £550 less for my SD than I would have had to for the PPC.
Post #56955 5th Feb 2011 7:08pm
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
[quote="Steve B"][quote="fekete"]
Steve B wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

What part of the cage is that in the picture which doesn't fit? I can't quite place it. Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #56994 5th Feb 2011 9:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
are the genuine 50th anni cages made by SD?
Post #56995 5th Feb 2011 9:14pm
Glynparry25

T1G UP wrote:
are the genuine 50th anni cages made by SD?

SD have done the following cages for LR:

Camel Trophy (all).
50th Anniversary.
Wolf Millitary Land Rovers.
NAS

Probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #57000 5th Feb 2011 9:28pm
nakatanenga

Germany 
Had one ONCE a couple of years ago. Picked it up at Billing show. The before agreed "reasonable dealer disccount" appeared to be 5% Sad

The finish was OK, BUT the B-pillar bow was too wide and we had to cut the rear door trim to fit it.

PP stated that it was a unusal narrow 110....what a laugh! We measured about 10 vehicles an all had the same width within 10mm

The following year i showed it on the Billing show to 2 guys of PP. Rolling eyes, sleepy faces and ....no refund.

No further buy & no recommendation from my side! WANTED:

SII or SIII in max 1.5k
Post #57016 5th Feb 2011 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>