↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Service
I know there are loads of posts about the cost of a new service / maintaining warranty and all that. My 110 Heritage is due its first service in a few weeks time and I'm going independent from the off. The guy I use only does LR, mostly Defenders, and follows the service schedule to the T. He also does a proper check of things not on the service checklist. He buys in the correct oils to keep everything tickety boo with the warranty, something we validated on my old D4 when LR tried to wriggle out of a claim. The main thing is that I trust him completely. The only challenge I can see is getting the online record updated, but if I pop into the dealership with the service sheet I'm guessing they should be able to sort it?
Post #574996 2nd Nov 2016 6:16pm
pjb

I think wishful thinking for a Franchised LR Dealer to put the service info on, plus is you want the body warranty then you need a LR dealer to inspect every year.

I would prefer to use my local independant as I trust them but I do need the warranty protection so in very much the same dilemma Exclamation 2020 P300 HSE
Post #575206 3rd Nov 2016 5:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nosnibod

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
The Land Rover Online Service History web site allows you to enter details of a non-franchised dealer service.

But for the bodywork warranty you still need to take it to a franchised dealer for an inspection, which is a bit of a faff and no doubt rather expensive...

I've decided to take it to a franchised dealer whilst it's in the three-year mechanical warranty period. For the usual bodywork issues I just tend to fix things myself such as the intercooler grill and the infamous windscreen blocks which I replaced with Croytec ones as soon as the first paint bubble appeared on them.

My previous Td5 never saw a franchised dealer at all... Dave
Gracie - 2015 110 XS County Station Wagon
Post #575218 3rd Nov 2016 6:06pm
Pat

Wales 
Re: Service
Huttopia wrote:
I know there are loads of posts about the cost of a new service / maintaining warranty and all that. My 110 Heritage is due its first service in a few weeks time and I'm going independent from the off. The guy I use only does LR, mostly Defenders, and follows the service schedule to the T. He also does a proper check of things not on the service checklist. He buys in the correct oils to keep everything tickety boo with the warranty, something we validated on my old D4 when LR tried to wriggle out of a claim. The main thing is that I trust him completely. The only challenge I can see is getting the online record updated, but if I pop into the dealership with the service sheet I'm guessing they should be able to sort it?

Will you let me know the independent that you use, please. I'm currently W. Mids based and due a service.
Post #632987 22nd Jun 2017 8:32pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Pm coming
Post #632990 22nd Jun 2017 8:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1