↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Front dislocation / general lifting questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
benniferj

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Front dislocation / general lifting questions
Hey,
Im currently on a 2" lift and 33s. Totally happy with performance, the rear also has Jonny jointed arms, +5 shocks and relocation cones (hooked)

Currently the front does not dislocate and I am on normal +2 shocks and springs. I am going to do +5 shocks and relocation cones that sit under the shock turrets.

While I'm at it I have been considering a further +2 lift using lift blocks. Will there be any complications involving my dislocation ability in regards to angles of relocation given that I guess the springs will stay straight with the axle but at more of an angle to the body when at full flex- has anyone done this?

I would be using most likely Wildbear +50mm blocks front and rear and Terrafirma springs (variable damper reds) with Terrafirma relocation front cones.

Cheers for any help or thoughts.
Post #575477 4th Nov 2016 4:55pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
Bear in mind that if the spring has dislocated it's not pushing the wheel in to the ground so you're not going to get any traction from it. By all means have a plan for dealing with dislocation when it happens but I wouldn't have dislocation as a goal.

Post #575492 4th Nov 2016 7:00pm
mikeh501

United Kingdom 
I didnt think you could actually have a dislocating front end without having the shock outside of the spring. learn something new every day.

The extreme front kit from terrafirma is similar to the king shock system with external mounts for the shocks like the back end.
Post #575823 6th Nov 2016 3:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1