↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Anyone tested one of these bad boys yet...Lazer utility 45
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
SergeantJav

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Anyone tested one of these bad boys yet...Lazer utility 45
Looking at getting one of these fitted next week...anyone got one yet as they are new out and look lovely. Had a play with one at Peterborough show...nicely made..

http://www.lazerlamps.com/home/utility-series/utility-45

Click image to enlarge

The other question is placement. Like the look of it as per their picture above but wonder whether there is a better place.
I have a Land Rover expedition rack with G4 ladder so left fitting not viable. Not sure squeezing it next to the washer jet will be as good...? Think fitting to the rack work light plate could work but the wiring won't be as neat.... Ooh decisions...
Rolling Eyes Proud to own 110XS TDCi SW..previously 90XS Td5 SW
Post #567666 29th Sep 2016 9:02pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
No Idea how good it is, I would think its pretty good though as a good make.

As far as fitting I don't like the location. for me camping etc with the back door open its in the way.

Also from a 'looks' point of view I would rather it in the middle, or one each side (smaller ones)

So for me above the rear wash or better as you have a rack on a bracket in the middle so no drill holes for your car.

Smile
Post #567667 29th Sep 2016 9:07pm
Riverboy

2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Not seen those before but being Lazer I'm sure they are really good Thumbs Up My lazer T2's are fitted to the roof rack and I have one each side. I was going to have them where that one in your photo is, but it meant more holes in the body which is best avoided, but then I decided to have the other lights fitted there which was a great decision.

The cables for mine go around to a connector at the front so its easy if I ever want to remove the rack, although of course that means removing the lights also.

Click image to enlarge
Post #567679 29th Sep 2016 9:29pm
SergeantJav

I will probably end up with a hole drilled somewhere as I want it switchable from front and back to add to the flexibility ... the rack is a standard landy one so the fixing plate in place is above the hinge of the rear door so I guess this position it will shine over it open...but I do like the neatness of it on the upper right...as per the photo .?might have to see what the workshop think with it in my hand too...
River boy you r set up looks lovely ...like the additional lights and I see a reversing camera too...again another future idea Smile
Stacey...if only I could afford two...that would definitely solve the visual aspect and any door being in the way...

I suppose rack mounted would mean I could easily add a second if finances allowed... Rolling Eyes Proud to own 110XS TDCi SW..previously 90XS Td5 SW
Post #567696 29th Sep 2016 10:09pm
Hairysteve

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Barolo Black
Post #567699 29th Sep 2016 10:19pm
SergeantJav

They look cool but you seem to have to move the rear wash?
Plus I will admit to loving the look and feel of the Lazer in the flesh Very Happy Proud to own 110XS TDCi SW..previously 90XS Td5 SW
Post #567711 29th Sep 2016 10:54pm
Hairysteve

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Barolo Black
Point taken on looks and you are right I had to move the washer Thumbs Up but it was a very easy job to do Thumbs Up
Post #567713 29th Sep 2016 11:00pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Doesn't it depend on what you want it to do? If it's for reversing or trailer hitching, for instance, then being offset to the right probably won't make much difference. If, however, you want it to light the area behind the door with the door open then it will be pointless in that position.

If you really just want it because it looks good then I guess it doesn't matter Confused Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #567767 30th Sep 2016 9:32am
SergeantJav

I hear you in the what do you want out of it... it will be mainly as an area light for reversing, hitching and lighting up the campsite. I suppose the whole door shadow bit with that many lumens might be a blessing as going near the door with a very bright light could be counterproductive anyway....
Mmmm ...

Any electronics gurus know how long would be a safe engine off run time for a standard landy battery? It draws 3.1 amps so guessing a couple of hours wouldn't hurt in between runs with the engine on...

A future upgrade will be a dual battery system but can only afford so much...👀 Proud to own 110XS TDCi SW..previously 90XS Td5 SW
Post #567827 30th Sep 2016 3:08pm
NormanD

England 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
I picked up a leaflet at RallyDay at Castle Combe last weekend, it included info on a 80 watt version, spoke to the Lazer rep, it appears they will be available in a few months
Exactly the same dimensions and components, but the internals which are underway in development will be different. I will be waiting until that appears, NormanD WE191

2015 110 XS Utility
2014 VW Caravelle 180 Executive
Post #567845 30th Sep 2016 4:27pm
SergeantJav

An 80w. Version?
I am starting to think there will be such as a thing as too bright (didn't think I would ever say that)...
At some point the brightness will be counterproductive surely... I get going forwards at speed light up as far as you can but backwards and for lighting up a campsite?

I am due to get mine fitted next week so will try and put up some shots to show how it lights up the area behind the landy.

I also like that they have interchangeable lenses to vary how they put out the light. I have opted for the dual zone version ... Whistle Proud to own 110XS TDCi SW..previously 90XS Td5 SW
Post #567862 30th Sep 2016 5:58pm
Devon-Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
The Lazer utility are on my wish list, if anything like the rest of their lights I doubt i'm going to be disappointed.

I want to see some pictures of how they do if you could get some.
Post #567885 30th Sep 2016 7:48pm
SergeantJav

Four days to go and hopefully ithe utility-45 will be fitted...getting excited. Having some Lazer RS-4 lights fitted into the front bumper at the same time Thumbs Up

I think I might actually deem myself sad for getting excited about some lights Big Cry Proud to own 110XS TDCi SW..previously 90XS Td5 SW
Post #568200 2nd Oct 2016 12:10pm
Riverboy

2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Not at all!!! Every time I drive mine at night I'm blown away by my Lazer lights Thumbs Up Its just one more thing about that car that makes me smile and keep finding excuses to drive it. So much for keeping the Peugeot as a day to day run around Rolling Eyes I hardly ever drive it now.
Post #568254 2nd Oct 2016 6:24pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #568258 2nd Oct 2016 6:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>