Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Rybrook Hudderfield
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ginjez

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 ST Santorini Black
Rybrook Hudderfield
Stay with me on this story......

We have a stone mason at work who's son is disabled, has autism and a heart condition which requires regular surgery. Since being a baby he has been in and out of hospital but that hasn't stopped his love of all things Land Rover. During non-term time he has to come to work with his dad and spend the day in his camper van but on occasions when I'm going out and about I take him with me to break up his day.
Today I knew I would be passing Rybrook and rang ahead to say I would be calling in with a special visitor. This young man was made to feel very welcome with staff taking time out of their daily routine to give a guided tour of the workshop, answering any questions and explaining what work was being carried out on various models. Into the showroom he was given the opportunity to look around all the new models at his own pace. Into parts dept to see operations and picking works only to leave with a gift Bow down
We were just about to leave when he was give the opportunity to ride in a Range Rover on a road test - the lad was made up.
Needless to say he thoroughly enjoyed his time at the dealership and I am extremely grateful to the staff for making his day that bit special.
His favourite Land Rover product? The one he arrived in and went home in - the Defender Thumbs Up

Many many thanks Rybrook - today you made a difference Bow down
Post #549043 15th Jul 2016 8:56pm
durham

England 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
By coincidence;

I recently bought a '65 plate Evoque for the wife, bought it private but the supplying dealer was Rocar Moores, Huddersfield.

I had a problem registering the on line service history to come up on the same log in as my Defender, LR customer service sorted it but no service record shown, no PDI or next service, just basic vehicle details.

Yesterday I rang the dealership and found it now to be Rybrook, they sorted it within minutes, very apologetic and the service history was updated. I slung a few questions at them, all quickly researched and answered, nothing was a problem, they even rang me back to check all was well with my service history. I came away from a very brief experience refreshed as to my opinions of dealers. My supplying dealer is crap, poor workmanship and very poor communicators. I also called in to my nearest dealer last Saturday re the RR inControl gizmo, they couldn't sort it and the guy would ring me back..............still waiting!

I haven't a clue what Rybrook's prices or workmanship is like, but if they were closer they'd be on the consider list.

Glad the little fellow had a great experience.....................a ride in a Defender that is.
Post #549047 15th Jul 2016 9:25pm
durham

England 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
By coincidence;

I recently bought a '65 plate Evoque for the wife, bought it private but the original supplying dealer was Rocar Moores, Huddersfield.

I had a problem registering the on line service history to come up on the same log in as my Defender, LR customer service sorted it but no service record shown, no PDI or next service, just basic vehicle details.

Yesterday I rang the dealership and found it now to be Rybrook, they sorted it within minutes, very apologetic and the service history was updated. I slung a few questions at them, all quickly researched and answered, nothing was a problem, they even rang me back to check all was well with my service history. I came away from a very brief experience refreshed as to my opinions of dealers. My supplying dealer is crap, poor workmanship and very poor communicators. I also called in to my nearest dealer last Saturday re the RR inControl gizmo, a guy tried but they couldn't sort it and the guy would ring me back..............still waiting!

I haven't a clue what Rybrook's prices or workmanship are like, but if they were closer they'd be on the consider list.

Glad the little fellow had a great experience.....................a ride in a Defender that is.
Post #549048 15th Jul 2016 9:27pm
little Dave

2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
It was a pleasure to show you both around, I'm glad he enjoyed himself and was pleased with his gift. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone at Rybrook when I say he is welcome back anytime.
Regards,
David. Thumbs Up
Post #549053 15th Jul 2016 9:57pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Great service Thumbs Up my wife's dc was looked after well when it went in for its service a couple of weeks ago and also got new mud flaps under warranty and a good clean too Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #549142 16th Jul 2016 11:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1